JELF is seeking a high-energy Gift Officer to join our Atlanta-based team. The focus of this role is cultivation, stewardship and solicitation within the North Carolina Jewish community. Each year, JELF continues to make a greater impact. We believe that helping Jewish students pursue their dreams through higher education is extremely rewarding, allowing the opportunity to connect with successful individuals both across JELF’s five-state region as well as nationally. This position reports directly to JELF’s Chief Development Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JELF’s Gift Officer will:
- Actively engage with relevant Jewish community members to identify and solicit gifts, as well as cultivate future volunteers
- Take a specific focus on the cultivation and engagement with JELF’s alumni cohort
- Help identify and steward charitable foundations
- Assist with all fundraising-related duties including meeting prep, minutes, etc.
- Be an effective record keeper, helping to ensure that records are as accurate as possible
- Perform all other duties as needed.
- Travel – 10 - 40%
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High-energy, self-starter who can work independently as well as with teammates, including professionals and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- Strong writing / editing skills
- Attention to detail, including organization, scheduling, time management, flexibility/adaptability and prioritization
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Word programs
- Willingness to learn and utilize other relevant software programs as-needed. Experience using fundraising software a plus.
- Related professional degree or experience including sales and/or non-profit fundraising
- Familiarity with grant writing and foundation prospecting a plus
This individual is also expected to:
- Be a team player, eagerly responding to JELF team and donors.
- Demonstrate a passion for JELF’s mission.
- Participate in the development and execution of JELF events.
- Use the utmost discretion and protect the confidentiality of JELF information
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position that includes benefits, paid Jewish and national holidays and SEP-IRA. Compensation for this position is between $60,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience. Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
JELF (Jewish Educational Loan Fund) is one of the oldest continuously operating non-profits in the U.S. We provide interest-free loans for higher education to Jewish students in need to students from the five-state region of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia (excluding metro DC). JELF’s loans are considered “last dollar,” providing the final funds that a student needs to attend school. Since 1961, JELF has provided 4,000+ interest-free loans totaling over $14 million. JELF has maintained a 99% loan repayment rate for more than a decade.
JELF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to learn more about our unique history and the important work we do at jelf.org.