Hillel at UCLA
Do you enjoy empowering, guiding, and encouraging students to take on leadership roles and develop programs? Are you highly organized with an eye for detail?
Do you enjoy planning and staffing events and meetings? Are you comfortable working within a highly flexible schedule that often includes some nights and weekends?
If so, we’re hiring a Program Coordinator who will work closely with our Senior Jewish Educator to organize and implement Jewish life at Hillel.
What You’ll Do
- Implement a full array of programming in coordination with a large staff team.
- Identify and engage uninvolved Jewish students
- Track and encourage increased student participation using Salesforce and other relationship management tools
- Assist the Israel Fellow in the recruitment for Birthright trips
- Set up and clean up for events alongside students and other staff
- Coordinate and plan across the staff team to ensure successful execution of programs
- Assist with grant writing and applications for funding
What You’ve Accomplished
- 2 -4 years’ professional work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Some familiarity with Jewish knowledge, ideas, and practices
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- A self starter who is able to coordinate with different parts of the staff team
- Empower others with real responsibility and cheer on your team
- Approachable and sensitive to others’ needs
- Relate to students from diverse backgrounds and Jewish knowledge
- Familiarity with Canva, Mailchimp, Instagram, Facebook
What You’ll Receive
- This position has a salary range of $48,000-55,000. This salary falls in Hillel’s Compensation Level 1, assuming a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience. We have designed this role to have a clear salary range to protect against unconscious pay discrimination.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan
- Generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad
About Hillel at UCLA
Hillel at UCLA is the center of Jewish life at UCLA and plays an important role in Jewish Life and the arts for the wider community. We endeavor to be a welcoming, uplifting, lively, and insistently pluralistic home for students at UCLA to be both supported and challenged as they progress through their most formative years. We work in partnership with students to help them develop authentic and committed Jewish lives by empowering them with tools and resources to create innovative and meaningful values-based programming that energizes and enriches Jewish life at UCLA and beyond.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel at UCLA is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.