University of Miami Hillel
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining University of Miami Hillel as the Engagement Associate. You will partner with students to plan awesome events, ensure that Hillel is a welcoming space for all students, and mentor student leaders and help inspire them to make a commitment to Jewish life. As an Engagement Associate, you will be a key member of the Jewish Student Life Team responsible for engaging Jewish students and their peers, with a particular focus on Innovation and First Year Engagement. You will work closely with all student leadership and community partners and play a critical role in executing all programming that takes place in the Hillel building, including Shabbat and Holidays.
You are someone who enjoys meeting students one-on-one for coffee to learn about their Jewish backgrounds, planning large scale programs that utilize all of what Miami has to offer, and helping build Jewish community on campus. You are a relationship builder and innovator who can prioritize your time to accomplish established goals and objectives. You are excited to work on a team that develops and executes a comprehensive engagement strategy aiming to reach an estimated 2,000 Jewish students on campus. You draw inspiration from the rich culture, diversity, and entrepreneurial spirit that the city of Miami has to offer.
What You’ll Do
- Meet regularly with students over coffee to help integrate them in the Jewish community.
- Take ownership of our First Year Leadership development cohort.
- Manage campus-wide programs to engage large numbers of students.
- Initiate, plan and implement innovative initiatives in collaboration with student leaders to engage new students and serve unmet student needs and interests.
- Collaborate with leaders of on or off-campus organizations to develop partnership programming
- Plan or lead an immersive overnight experience for students.
- Teach and facilitate Jewish learning.
- Integrate Jewish elements into an existing program such as a Shabbat, a lunch and learn, or a holiday activity.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 0 - 2 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- A commitment to pluralism and comfort with different Jewish identities so you may serve as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults
Who You Are
- You recognize that college students are our future Jewish leaders and have a desire to cultivate those Jewish leaders.
- You are curious. Just like our students are on a journey to explore their own Jewish identity, so are you as a Jewish professional.
- You are a risk taker and are not afraid to abandon tradition for something new and exciting.
- You are a good communicator and team player who can collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel.
- You are a professional multi-tasker who can stay organized while balancing multiple projects at once.
- You recognize that your job goes beyond the walls of an office. This isn't a typical 9-5 desk job and you're always excited to get out of the building to build Jewish community on campus.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $40,000-44,000 commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
About University of Miami Hillel
University of Miami Hillel is an award-winning organization, located in beautiful Coral Gables at the state-of-art Braman Miller Center for Jewish Life - home to students and community alike. Miami is one of the most sought-after cities in the country right now, and the perfect spot for a young adult to launchtheir career. We believe that UM Hillel is an asset to the entire community, so we aim to have our impact reach far beyond the boundaries of the University campus.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
University of Miami Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.