Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
The Israel Institute is looking to hire a writer with excellent organizational skills.
The Israel Institute is a 501(c)(3) that works in partnership with universities around the world to expand student access to classes about modern Israel. In fulfillment of that mission, the writer will assist in writing grant applications and reports to donors, track news in the field of Israel Studies, copy edit materials written by other team members, and implement outreach communications to solicit applications for Institute programs. This position reports to the executive director and chief operating officer.
This position is primarily work-from-home, but candidates will need to attend several weekly in-person meetings. Candidates are expected to live in or move to the Washington, DC area within 2 months of hire. A relocation stipend may be available for those currently living outside of the Washington, DC area.
- Drafting and submitting formal and informal reporting to Institute stakeholders;
- Drafting board reports and minutes;
- Preparing talking points or article outlines for the executive director;
- Copyediting documents;
- Composing donor dossiers;
- Developing supplementary brand collateral;
- Developing and implementing outreach communications to solicit applications for Institute programs;
- Monitoring online references to the Israel Institute and its grantees; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the humanities or social sciences;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Willingness to put in long hours on short notice when a pitch or report is unexpectedly needed;
- A strong background in Israel and Jewish community affairs
Don’t meet every single requirement? You may still be a good fit for us. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description above, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Ariel Roth, [email protected].