Perelman Jewish Day School seeks a motivated team player to join our community as the Communications Associate. The Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications and Special Projects and also works closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement. The role supports all aspects of communication and marketing at the school through the creation and dissemination of information to appropriate stakeholders via email, digital, print, social media, and the website.
- Support Director in editing, writing, producing, and sending email and other communications on behalf of constituents throughout the school.
- Manage school’s website, with attention to SEO.
- Support management of the school's social media accounts.
- Take pictures and videos in classes and during special school events; cull, edit, and organize a database of photo and video assets.
- Manage calendar for all large-scale schoolwide communications.
- Create compelling photo and video mission-aligned content for use throughout school’s print, digital, and social media platforms with a focus on building community, promoting excellent programing, and disseminating important internal and external event information.
- Assist in implementing and managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Ensure online faculty and parent resources are maintained, up to date, and functional.
- Assist in editing and creating print and online publications such as forms, handbooks, e-newsletters, flyers, and miscellaneous collateral.
- Support events as needed. Some evening and weekend support may be required.
- Maintain the most discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in Communications or Marketing preferred.
- Meticulous attention to grammar and accuracy of all communications.
- Ability to maintain the professional visual appearance of all communications in alignment with brand standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to multitask, liaise, and collaborate with various stakeholders (e.g. staff, faculty, administration, Parents Association) on a daily basis.
- Initiative, sound judgment, and ability to respond calmly and resourcefully in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to both take direction and work independently.
- Strong computer skills, including experience and comfort with databases.
- Demonstrated fluency with G-Suite programs.
- Graphic design experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with communications systems for broadcasting emails and texting, preferred.
- Strong willingness to learn and assist in a variety of capacities as needed.
Perelman Jewish Day School encourages applications from people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
To learn more about Perelman Jewish Day School, please visit www.pjds.org.