The Religious School & B’nai Mitzvah Program Coordinator is a full-time and salaried position that serves as the operational, administrative and programmatic coordinator to the Religious School at Main Line Reform Temple. The Religious School Coordinator works collaboratively with the Director of Education and other professional staff, Religious School teachers, parents and students to administrate and support our K-7th grade Religious School, 8th-12th grade Tribe and B’nai Mitzvah programs. The ideal candidate is confident, intuitive, creative, tech-savvy and has a knack for building rapport with a diverse group of people. This person must love to organize, multi-task, manage projects, make decisions, facilitate and interface with internal and external parties in a fast-paced, environment. The ideal candidate will also possess a strong and well-balanced combination of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to attend to numerous details with high creativity and strong judgment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
The following are core functions of the position. They may change from time to time and include, but are not limited to:
- MANAGING THE RELIGIOUS SCHOOL OFFICE
- MANAGING RELIGIOUS SCHOOL ENROLLMENT AND CLASS ASSIGNMENTS
III. CREATING AND MAINTAINING THE RELIGIOUS SCHOOL CALENDAR
- COMMUNICATING WITH AND SUPPORTING RELIGIOUS SCHOOL TEACHERS
- DEVELOPING AND COORDINATING RELIGIOUS SCHOOL SPECIAL EVENTS & PROGRAM
- MANAGING B’NAI MITZVAH PROGRAM
A highly qualified and experienced candidate will be considered for the position of Assistant Director of Religious School and B’nai Mitzvah Programs with the added functions of:
VII. CURRICULUM & EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
VIII. SUPERVISING RELIGIOUS SCHOOL FACULTY
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of experience in program coordination and operational support.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized and have a strong respect for accuracy and the ability to adhere to deadlines and follow through in a timely and proactive manner.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, self-regulate and work in an environment of rapid pace and adjust workload and assignments accordingly.
- Self-starter who is energized by challenges and willingness to learn.
- Must possess strong computer skills and a willingness to learn new programs; expertise with MS Office, Constant Contact, social media and membership database systems (ShulCloud).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with senior and support staff and congregants.
- Working knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs and traditions preferred.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass criminal and child abuse background checks.
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- 40 hours/week that includes being present during Religious School hours – Sundays (8:30am-12pm), Tuesdays (4:30-6:30pm), Wednesdays (4:30-5:30pm) and Thursdays (online from 4:30-5:30pm)
- Send a resume and cover letter to Rabbi Kevin Kleinman, Director of Education at [email protected]