About Stand By Me
Stand By Me (SBM) is a nonprofit organization that improves the daily quality of life for Los Angeles based Israeli American cancer patients and their families by providing emotional and physical support and social services. SBM provides services free of charge in both English and Hebrew including hot meals, visitations, workshops, beauty services, therapy sessions, and much more.
Services are customized based on the individual needs of each family and are provided by volunteers who are directed by our professional staff.
For more information about the organization visit our website: www.standbymela.org
Reporting directly to the President of SBM, this newly created position of Director of Operations will be joining at a time of exciting expansion. Having recently opened a physical center, SBM is now looking to grow all aspects of the organization including partners, members, donors, and volunteers. This position will work with leadership to develop and implement an expansion strategy and oversee the daily administration and management of all SBM programs and activities, including the supervision of two professional staff.
This is an office and center-based full-time position, located in Encino, CA. (hybrid possible)
Expansion of the Organization
- Work with the President and key stakeholders to grow the organization by cultivating and implementing expansion strategies, and expanding volunteer, members, and partners networks.
- Evaluate existing programs and services that support the mission of SBM and recommend relevant enhancements. Work with the team to develop, implement, and assess expanded programming options.
- Develop marketing strategies to enhance SBM’s exposure, strengthen brand recognition, support increased fundraising, and expand volunteer and member networks.
- Identify potential new partners, donors, and sponsors and work with the President to cultivate connections. This includes cultivating partnerships with other cancer focused and/or Jewish organizations to promote SBM’s mission.
Daily Management of the Organization
- Supervise the professional staff including setting goals, providing training, and coaching for optimal professional growth. Support the recruitment process of new staff, as needed.
- Develop and implement, policies, procedures and operational systems that help SBM function at the most effective level.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal legal regulations.
- Prepare and manage operating budgets and make sure to stay within approved limits. Initiate capital expenditure requests and advise on procurement needs.
- Oversee all public communications including social media, newsletters, media outreach and coverage to ensure consistency with SBM’s mission and goals.
- Plan and oversee execution of meetings, events, orientations, and other organizational gatherings.
- Oversee day to day operations and maintenance of SBM’s physical center.
- Maintain accurate records and provide reports to the President on a regular basis.
- A minimum of 5 years of related management experience in a non-profit or comparable environment is required. Experience in healthcare and/or cancer care is a plus. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management and/or other relevant fields is required.
- Fluency in English. Conversational Hebrew is a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to take full responsibility for management of the organization and gain the confidence of leadership, members, staff, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use a wide variety of software for reports and data analysis.
- Ability to work under emotional circumstances.
- Great sense of responsibility and high ethical standards.
$85-100K per year, commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance: choice of plans and employer contribution of $300/month
- Paid vacation time and holiday time
To apply, please click here to submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Stand By Me is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities and makes employment decisions based on merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.