Momentum (previously known as the JWRP), a global non-profit organization based in Maryland, USA, was established in 2008 to empower women to change the world through Jewish values that transform themselves, their families, their communities, and the world.
Momentum’s flagship program, the Momentum Year-Long journey, is an educational experience
that includes a free, eight-day, personal immersive journey through Israel. More than 20,000 Jewish individuals from more than 25 different countries have already experienced this life changing trip, together with 250 Partner Organizations around the world. Participants return home with the best gift of all — a love for Israel, a profound kinship with each other, and a connection to Jewish values. At the request of many participants, their husbands, and Partner Organizations, we created Momentum opportunities for men, helping to lift the family together. Over 1,000 men have already experienced the spirit-building power of Momentum. In 2014, Momentum partnered with Israel’s Ministry of Diaspora Affairs, significantly expanding Momentum’s reach.
Dedicated to inspiring Jewish individuals to live their most meaningful lives, Momentum has expanded to provide three entryways:
Momentum Living, our multimedia platform, is home to a growing array of on-demand videos and podcasts, engaging webinars, thoughtful articles, and virtual reunions. With new dynamic content added daily, Jewish parents can tune in from wherever they are to gain the tools and inspiration they need to connect to their Jewish heritage in meaningful ways.
Momentum Journeys are transformative experiences that bring together Jewish individuals – both locally and in Israel – to connect to Jewish values, engage with Israel, take action, and foster unity without uniformity.
Momentum Learning features robust educational programming and resources to enable our community to learn on their own, with their families, and with their friends; to bring their learning into every area of their lives; and to enrich every holiday celebration.
Momentum currently seeks a dynamic, experienced Partnership Coordinator to help the organization grow to the next level by supporting the Director of Partnerships and Programs. The successful candidate will be a self--motivated team player who enjoys working in a fast--paced environment and supporting multiple professionals. Responsibilities include: providing primary administrative support to the Director of Partnerships and Programs; supporting the administrative needs of the Partnership team; serving as the first point of contact for vendors, partner organizations, and donors; supporting the team in processing of various accounting functions.
- Internal and external communication management
- Maintain and update Salesforce database and maintain a Helpdesk to trouble shoot for our Partners
- Manage video conferencing to enhance meeting effectiveness
- Coordinate payment forms for Program Department vendors
- Create, edit, and update internal documents and spreadsheets
- Order and manage Program Department merchandise
- Manage the distribution of backpacks and other merchandise that needs to be shipped to partners.
- Supports the rest of the administrative team with overflow and team projects.
- Supports participant and partner relationships in year-long journey preparation by providing exceptional customer service and technical assistance with timeliness and accuracy
- Assisting with participant applications, pre-trip questions, and trouble-shooting registration processes.
- Prepares a list of vendor payments for the Director of Partnership and Programs.
- Prepares monthly American Express reports for the Director of Partnership and Programs. Process credit card transactions and issue credits, when needed
- Provides assistance with all aspects of travel planning for finance and operations’ staff, ensuring all internal procedures are followed, cost--effective travel arrangements, and timely expense reporting.
- Prepares a wide variety of correspondence including letters, invoices, emails, reports, mailings, confirmations and acknowledgements, meeting minutes and presentation materials, ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of all information.
- Maintains the calendar for the Director of Partnerships and Programs, Director of Men’s Program and the shared department calendar. Coordinates internal and external meetings and ensures the accuracy and dissemination of meeting notices and minutes.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings and ensures the accuracy and dissemination of the meeting notices and minutes. Responsible for all meeting logistics such as catering, room reservations, attendance lists, room set-up, materials preparation, meeting supplies, meeting notes, and all relevant follow-up.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 3 years non-profit experience preferred
- A minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience in project management and administration
- Database proficiency required; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to effectively interface with partners, participants, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours including weeknights when necessary to participate in meetings and events.
- Excellent PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook) and prior experience managing
- Self--motivated, takes initiative, and learns quickly with strong solution--based problem solving skills. Ability to think independently and with accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a welcoming and professional demeanor both in person and by phone.
- Must be able to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to properly organize and prioritize tasks
This position is non-exempt. Salary range is $26.00-$30.00 per hour