The Hebrew Academy of Miami Beach, Florida, is looking for our next Head of School to start approximately July 1, 2024 following two successful years with an extraordinary interim head of school and a move into our new building. Serving 650 students from infants through twelfth grade, our school is the flagship Modern Orthodox day school in South Florida.
Our mission? "Through the light of Torah and academic excellence, our school inspires each and every child to improve the world." At Hebrew Academy, we provide an ideal balance: strong, college-preparatory academics and a solid religious and Zionist background. Our extracurricular and athletic programs are particularly strong.
In the summer of 2023, we moved into a brand-new 45,000-square-foot middle and high-school building. This year, Interim Head of School Dr. Kalman Stein is growing unity among our four divisions (early childhood, elementary, middle, and high schools) to equal the unity of our warm, 75-year-old community.
In this position, we will ask you to:
- Elevate the school's academic program, leading the writing of a portrait of a Hebrew Academy graduate and aligning it with each grade in thoughtful sequence
- Ensure that all endeavors of the school advance our mission
- Continue the building of trust and mutual respect through operational consistency and proactive communication
- Work with the board within the good-governance practices that will lead our school into its next chapter
Ideally, you will be:
- An Orthodox role model who prioritizes Torah and Judaism in all decision making
- A firm, decisive leader who consistently does the right thing for students at all times
- An excellent communicator who interacts with teachers, parents, and students with respect and diplomacy
- An experienced educator and people manager who has worked in a high-school setting
First-year compensation is generous and commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, medical insurance, retirement plan, relocation, full tuition remission pursuant to the school’s tuition remission plan for any eligible children, and more!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply online at http://bit.ly/hebrew-academy-miami-hos-opening-2024 as soon as possible and by October 6, 2023 for immediate consideration or email Lydia Musher (l[email protected]) with any questions. Thank you.