Temple Emanu-El is a large, vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Dallas, Texas. It is a place of sacred encounter, where learning, prayer, and deeds change people’s understanding of themselves, their world, and their responsibilities in it. Formed in 1872, Temple Emanu-El is the largest congregation in the Southwest and is among the largest in the United States with close to 2600 member families.
The Events Logistics Coordinator reports to the Director of Adult Education and Engagement, providing logistic and administrative support to events and projects of Temple Emanu-El’s Education and Engagement team. This position provides comprehensive support by serving as an integral part of the team, being a self-starter and working with others on the logistics of adults learning, congregational holiday observances and celebrations, Israel and other travel, and ATID (our young adult community).
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong orientation to customer service
- Strong organizational skills; capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Experience running and managing in-person events preferred
- Analyze and resolve problems/situations demonstrating good judgment and common sense
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook required
- Manage and oversee the implementation of programs and events for the Education and Engagement team in the following areas: adult education, holidays, congregational travel, and ATID (young adult community).
- Meet with appropriate staff, clergy and lay leaders to determine needs for each program, event, or trip and communicate them to the appropriate partners.
- Manage all logistics including, but not limited to setting up of registration forms, ordering food, organizing schedules, confirming speakers and working with Hospitality team to create appropriate atmospheres for each event.
- Order program supplies, complete check requests, prepare set-up forms and room reservations and handle special projects.
- Consider accessibility and inclusion in all programs and events.
- Provide tech and admin support for all adult education classes and programs, including online and in-person offerings.
- Work with Director of Adult Education and Engagement to determine needs and communicate them with A/V staff.
- Work with Communications Department to keep website, slides and calendars up to date with information about all adult education opportunities.
- Manage logistics, travel arrangements, and schedules for scholars-in-residence and guests.
- Provide administrative support including making photocopies, supply gathering, setting up Zoom links and running the tech for Zoom experiences.
- Provide administrative and logistics support for all congregational travel experiences, including, but not limited to sending emails, taking registrations, and working with travel agencies, potential travelers, and appropriate staff and clergy.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Healthcare Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangement (3 days in-office, 2 days remote) and Paid Time Off
To Apply: Please email resume and two references to Beri Kaplan Schwitzer, Director of Adult Education and Engagement, at [email protected]