About Jewish National Fund-USA (Jewish National Fund-USA):
Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF-USA) is the leading philanthropic organization for the land and people of Israel. Driven by a powerful 122 year legacy of changing lives and livelihoods, JNF-USA is a partner (donor) led, independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit that's attracting 800,000 new residents to Israel's Negev Desert and Galilee through its visionary One Billion Dollar Roadmap for the Next Decade.
JNF-USA is creating a brighter future for residents living on Israel's frontier as it builds parks, playgrounds, medical centers, schools, resilience centers, bomb shelters, and so much more. In addition, JNF-USA's supports people with disabilities; brings farmers from developing nations to Israel to learn about sustainable agriculture; and makes philanthropic investments in agricultural and water R&D. In fact, thanks to Jewish National Fund-USA, Israel has become the global leader in water recycling. Jewish National Fund-USA is also changing the narrative on university campuses through its work with college student leaders and professors beyond the Jewish faith through its Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel and Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel and Alexander Muss High School semester abroad program.
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a Young Leadership Fundraiser based in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. You will be charged with growing the JNFuture community throughout South Florida which features a dynamic group of passionate young professionals (ages 22-40) through new programming, strategic planning and local partnerships.
A typical day isn't just in the office. It will include identifying prospective donors, meeting face-to-face and sharing the JNF story, program management, and leadership development to help the organization meet and exceed our goals. A flexible work schedule to meet the needs of your donors. With over twenty chapters across the country and growing, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a national movement of young Zionists who are changing Israel forever.
This is an opportunity to grow the presence of Jewish National Fund across South Florida. You will become part of a strong community with your peers that work with their chapters across the country.
The expectation will be to travel throughout South Florida and surrounding areas on a regular basis.
You will have the exposure to an international community that is supporting the growth and development of Israel. There is potential for international travel to Israel. You will be expected to travel to trainings, conferences, and meetings around the country when needed.
- Solicit donations from current and new donors between the ages of 22 - 40
- Prospect potential new donors using various direct methods (such as calling and face-to-face meetings), networking, mining the salesforce database, utilizing social media sites, and research.
- In partnership with the local board presidents, guide and assist the JNFuture Boards and leadership in South Florida.
- Work alongside the events and marketing team to plan and execute all local JNFuture events and programs, in person and virtually.
- Be a voice for the young professional community and work with the South Florida Campaign professionals to develop programming targeted towards that audience.
- Represent JNF at various events to bring new donors into the fold and identify partnership opportunities.
- Recruit JNFuture donors for JNF tours and missions to Israel
- Weekly JNFuture team calls
- Weekly South Florida team calls
- One on ones with supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong attention to details and the ability to balance a variety of tasks and deadlines.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and organizational skills
- A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented; ability and desire to set and reach ambitious goals.
- Ability to respect and maintain donor confidentiality.
- Ability to travel mostly throughout South Florida and Israel on occasion except for National Conference, JNF University, JLIS
- Nonprofit boards and/or committees experience a plus.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $60,000-75,000.