Assistant teachers play a key role, setting the tone by valuing each child and family as individuals. By modeling responsibility, welcoming, and caring, teachers foster children’s Jewish identity. TBS Children’s Center teachers have the dispositions, knowledge, dedication to learning, and professional commitment necessary to promote children and their families as they learn and develop. Assistant teachers maintain confidentiality and are diligent about health and safety. Assistant teachers are lifelong learners and take time for regular reflection and self-examination. Working under the direction and supervision of lead teachers, they implement the classroom pedagogy to provide a quality educational program reflecting the goals and values of the school.
$1,000 signing bonus!
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT FOR THIS ROLE
The following statements feel like they were written to describe you:
- Teaching young children brings you joy. You value and promote children’s play and are curious about the child’s perspective. You look forward to active days of creativity and learning.
- You are eager to learn. You ask for help, accept suggestions, and offer support to others.
- Flexible by nature, you listen to children, adapting the curriculum to their needs and interests. You are communicator who loves to work with others to create days filled with learning.
- You are diligent about health and safety, offering emotional and physical comfort and caring to your young students.
- Learning is in your nature and you are a lifelong learner yourself, taking time for regular reflection and self-examination. You seek to expand your perspective and the perspectives of others.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Afternoons: Teaching from 3:30-6:30pm
Mornings: Teaching from 8:15-11:45am
Paid time before and after class for set up, clean up, team meetings and occasional family events. We will also support you in the process of obtaining a teaching license, including paying for required coursework.
$18-21/hr with college degree and experience working with young children. $1,000 signing bonus!
We are taking COVID-19 prevention seriously with upgraded HVAC system, regular testing, time outdoors, and consistent classes taught by a teaching team. Covid vaccinations are required.