Reports to Chief Operating Officer
The Chief of Staff acts as a strategist, consultant, and implementer, supervising project teams related to organizational strategy and revenue generation, based on the priorities of the COO and senior management team. Under the guidance of the Company's leadership, this role oversees strategic business initiatives from development to successful execution and assists and communicates in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation. The Chief of Staff's objective is to bring together multiple stakeholders, expand bandwidth and resources, and help drive organizational decisions that positively influence the Federation's strategic direction.
- Oversee daily executive management operations through collaboration with COO and executive leadership team, performing an array of responsibilities both from a strategic and tactical perspective; including special interest philanthropic campaigns, quarterly all-team retreat agendas, pacing of software and hardware replacement implementation
- Integrate quickly into the organization to assess issues that serve as barriers to the organization and/or teams to ensure operations are at maximum effectiveness.
- Build trust with COO and senior management team to ensure they can focus on the large organizational initiatives by showcasing competence in managing teams and their expectations, holding others accountable, and taking the strategic lead on high profile projects.
- Gather cross-functional support that fosters long-term partnerships that are critical to organizational success; influence others to achieve outcomes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, helping to identify areas where COO should direct their focus to facilitate effective decision making; prioritize critical issues, identifying metrics for success, and consistently monitor to evaluate progress.
- Review, design, and execute on improvements and optimized efficiency to current processes through researching, benchmarking, and analyzing data to make recommendations for streamlining processes and systems (i.e. development of operational dashboards).
- Strategically manage COO time evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities. Maintain visibility across the organization to foster alignment towards strategic goals
- Review meetings cadence for COO to ensure they have all of the information needed to be productive (i.e. materials sent in advance, time is well spent, objectives are achieved).
- Ensure data and information is analyzed, prepared, accurate, and easy to understand for board and leadership decision-making; offer perspective and guidance when needed.
- Serve as a trusted partner, convener, implementer, and integrator to advance work across the organization and support key cross-departmental projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfortable behind the stage; thrives on anticipating needs
- Ability to operate with urgency in a fast-moving environment; shifts gears comfortably and looks for ways to focus on solution rather than the problem.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills, comfortable serving as a strategic advisor and influencer.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project management and reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Preferred knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs and practices
- Planning, organizing, expanding, and managing bandwidth and resources to bring about the successful completion of strategic organizational objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years in business or executive management role
- Proven experience in planning/leading strategic initiatives, data analysis, budget management
- Proven experience in organizing and directing wide-ranging or cross-functional areas
- High impact communicator - communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention and stimulates others' thinking and actions.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
The Federation views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a company culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible talent pool to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund is an equal opportunity employer.