itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Whether it’s meeting with members of Knesset, justices of the Supreme Court or technology companies, every itrek brings Israel to life through a combination of education, culture and fun. Since its founding in 2011, over 19,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 20-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble startup. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Programs, this position will work as a vital part of the programming team to manage a portfolio of treks in partnership with itrek Leaders* from the top graduate schools in the areas of business, law, policy and STEM. Responsible for all aspects of assigned treks including but not limited to: school program relationships; leader cultivation; recruitment and onboarding; comprehensive planning; seamless execution and strong follow-up. Serves as the central point of contact between itrek and itrek Leaders. In addition, the Program Manager may assist on various projects within the programming team and the organization related to growth of treks and support to itrek Leaders and treks.
*itrek Leaders are graduate students or faculty at top MBA, LAW, Policy, and STEM programs worldwide who will organize and lead meaningful trips to Israel for their peers or students. itrek provides the training, tools, guidance and overall support they need to succeed in creating impactful experiences.
itrek Leader Recruitment: Recruits high-quality itrek Leaders who have the skills and abilities to recruit itrek participants and plan a strong experience. Partners with organizations and individuals to implement tactics to attract and select leaders.
itrek Leader Onboarding & Training: Onboards itrek Leaders covering key elements such as itrek culture, business approaches and core elements of the itrek program. Include key topics such as: funding, planning structure, timelines, and follow-up.
itrek Leader Planning, Execution & Stewardship: Supports itrek Leaders in various aspects of trek planning including: participant recruitment, itinerary design, leadership development, budgeting, oversight, logistical guidance, and follow-up.
- Manages the relationships of itrek Leaders through constant communication and regular meetings (on campus and virtual) throughout the year.
- Serves as the central point of contact to itrek Leaders regarding itrek’s policies, reimbursements, and other administrative tasks.
- Provides resources for Israel-related content suitable for Business/Law/Policy/STEM itineraries.
- Advises itrek Leaders on content and speakers provided/vetted by the itrek content team and helps them build balanced programs and engaging itineraries.
- Periodically travels to campuses to foster relationships with itrek Leaders.
- Periodically travels to Israel for several weeks at a time to support treks on the ground and ensuring the quality of their execution.
- Oversees the partnership between the Tour Operator and leadership team.
Leadership Development: Participates in the planning and facilitation of the itrek Accelerator leadership development program. Actively encourages itrek Leaders to participate in the Accelerator so they gain tools, knowledge and skills that will maximize their success as an itrek Leader.
Trek Follow-up & Program Evaluation: Ensures thorough follow-up for each trek including:
- Creating, distributing, and collecting surveys and feedback from itrek Leaders and participants to assess the impact of the treks and integrating key findings into future planning.
- Managing and recording data in Salesforce and other tracking systems.
- Transitioning itrek Leader relationships to the itrek Network alumni team.
Additional Responsibilities: Performs other related trek and departmental tasks including but not limited to:
- Working collaboratively across the organization and assists with various additional projects according to the organization’s needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Preference for experience in Israel engagement with non-Jews
- Strong connection to and knowledge of Israel
- Strong management, client relationship, and partnership building skills
- Experience in project management, administrative work and coordination
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Hands-on, strong team player, and fully accountable for the management of a given portfolio
- Willing and able to travel semi-regularly within the US, Israel and abroad
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and passion for our organization’s mission
- Ready to work in a team-oriented, very fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k
For this position itrek is working with a search partner.