JKHA/RKYHS is a leading Modern Orthodox, co-educational nursery through 12th grade day school set on a premier 20-acre campus in Livingston, NJ. Under the direction of a prominent administration and a faculty of thought leaders in day school education, its 725+ students are challenged to explore opportunities, cultivate curiosities, think critically, and make a difference as they are prepared to be the next generation of Jewish leaders. For more than 60 years, JKHA/RKYHS’ student-centered General and Judaic Studies programs have been at the forefront of education allowing students to thrive in a rigorous dual academic program that emphasizes critical thinking, invention, and experiential learning.
JKHA/RKYHS inspires students to live lives of Torah and mitzvot; to embrace secular knowledge and American democratic values; to love and serve the Jewish People; and to forge a lifelong bond with the Land and State of Israel. JKHA/RKYHS aims to empower students to achieve personal excellence by teaching them how to learn, and by encouraging them to analyze, to create, and to pursue new intellectual challenges. JKHA/RKYHS helps students form strong, healthy identities as they take responsibility for themselves and their communities.
JKHA/RKYHS is fortunate to be the beneficiary of continued financial support from devoted stakeholders that has provided the school with the stability that comes from a strong endowment and debt-free facilities with a full complement of learning resources. From its state-of-the-art research laboratories to the school’s 6 acres of athletic grounds, JKHA/RKYHS utilizes every resource to support students as they achieve local, national, and international recognition.
JKHA/RKYHS is accredited by the prestigious New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (www.njais.org). The school’s annual budget is $20M and is governed by a committed and active Board of Trustees.
For more information, please visit: https://www.jkha.org/
JKHA/RKYHS seeks a Director of Development who is skilled, motivated, and eager to lead a high-functioning Development Office. The Director of Development will play a vital role in building off JKHA/RKYHS’s recent successful endowment, capital and annual campaigns furthering the mission of the school to inspire excellence. Working alongside the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, and faculty and staff, the Director will be responsible for defining and leading the strategic direction of all fundraising activities for JKHA/RKYHS, including management of the fundraising team, grassroots and major donor cultivation, annual campaign events, and other fundraising initiatives.
The Director of Development must be a highly articulate communicator and relationship builder skilled at making a compelling case for school support. The Director of Development will report to and work closely with the Head of School and will serve on the senior administration team.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Forge relationships with donors, strengthen current relationships and solicit gifts through personal meetings, events, and other activities.
- Foster a ‘culture of giving’ in the community through parent engagement at all levels of capacity; Develop plans to identify donors who are capable of increased gifts.
- Design, enhance, and implement programs designed to secure both short- and long-range fundraising Focus on major donor cultivation, solicitation & retention; Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation meetings.
- Engage with the Head of School, Development Committee, and other lay leaders to set fundraising goals, strategize, manage their cultivation and solicitation of targeted donors, and report on progress toward goals.
- Support the Head of School in his role in the Development process, positioning him for maximum impact.
- Enhance and oversee team and collaborate with other school leaders in support of Development efforts; Oversee maintenance of existing fundraising recordkeeping procedures in order to identify potential donors, track existing donors and acknowledge record and report all
- Serve as the “Face of Development” in the community by attending all school events to forge relationships parents, grandparents, and alumni.
- 10 years of professional experience in a related field; Non-profit experience a
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for the mission of a Jewish Day Familiarity with Greater MetroWest community and JKHA/RKYHS a plus.
- Strong relationship cultivation skills; demonstrated ability to maintain a diverse network through integrated effective interactions with all levels of donors, peers, volunteers and
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguous environments, straddling strategy and execution; strong organization skills.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with team of peers, fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and volunteer cultivators/solicitors around a common purpose; experience mentoring and developing the skills of junior team members.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral and written) to support cause across both informal and formal audiences; Grant writing a plus.
- Personable, energetic, self-starting nature with a willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Availability to travel and work evenings and weekends as
This position description is based upon material provided by Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy/Rae Kushner Yeshiva High School an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Talent Consultant
To apply to this position please visit www.drgsearch.com