The Development Officer works in partnership with the Executive Director and lay leadership, to plan and implement the annual campaign and major gifts fundraising effort. Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities include research, cultivation, engagement, solicitation of funds, implementation of cultivation and fundraising events, committee meetings, and other projects.
- Developing a strategy for implementing annual campaigns and major donor solicitations in partnership with the Executive Director and Development Committee.
- Employing a variety of fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitations, fundraising events, educational programs, door openers, phone sessions, and written communications.
- Educating donors and prospects about the mission of Jewish Federation of the Berkshires through one-on-one and group cultivation activities.
- Working with lay leadership to identify, cultivate, and establish new donor relationships.
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with lay leaders, and donors as well as implementing strategies to increase their level of financial commitment.
- Involving Lay Leadership in a strategic and planned manner. Provide necessary professional support to the Development Committee, including agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
- Identifying, training, and overseeing volunteer solicitors.
- Planning and implementing key fundraising events with support from the Development Committee and the Federation support team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three plus years minimum fundraising experience including one-on-one and phone solicitation.
- Comfortable with high-net-worth donors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship-building skills, and customer service orientation.
- Communication skills, written and verbal, are extremely important, especially the art of listening.
- Knowledge of and passion for Federation's mission.
- Team player with the ability to multitask.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with fundraising databases.
- Working knowledge of zoom technology and facilitating virtual meetings and events.
This flexible 20-hour-a-week position offers a rare opportunity to use your talents to benefit the greater good and work with caring individuals who share a commitment to helping those in need and building community.
The compensation range is $35,000-$40,000 for 20 hours a week. Benefits include an attractive time off package, 403b retirement plan, a flexible spending account, and opportunities for travel and professional development.
ABOUT US: Jewish Federation of the Berkshires works to support a welcoming, connected, and vibrant community that cares for those in need, fosters Jewish journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood, and acts as a force for good in the world. Visit jewishberkshires.org to learn more.
Jewish Federation of the Berkshires is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
APPLY: Send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]