New City Jewish Center is an egalitarian Conservative congregation that serves a population with diverse views and levels of engagement.
This position will be a pivotal role working alongside a driven team of professionals with the hope of providing meaningful connections and engagement opportunities to a diverse poplulation of members and prospective members. As part of a larger team, the individual in this position will be the first point of contact for all potential new members.
The Membership Outreach Coordinator is part-time, reporting to the Executive Director. The Membership Outreach Coordinator provides administrative support for the overall management of our membership process and data, and works closely with a wide range of groups within the Synagogue. We are seeking a dynamic “people-person” who also has excellent organizational and communication skills, a collaborative team player who is excited about supporting Jewish life for our NCJC family.
Responsibilites to include but not limited to:
- Outreach, as appropriate, to potential members who have participated in any NCJC services or programming, ensuring that all who are interested in being part of the NCJC community feel welcome.
- Respond to prospective member requests, provide tours and general information, answer questions, and disseminate membership brochures and applications.
- Manage member onboarding; develop opportunities for welcoming new members and ensuring they feel known in our large community.
- Integrate new members into the congregation and deepen the engagement of current members by connecting them with departments, committees (where appropriate) and the community, serving as a concierge and go-to for information about anything related to the synagogue.
- Liaise with staff, clergy and lay leadership to ensure hospitality best practices and connect members to the community.
- Oversee data collection of member information and CRM management, including processing new member applications as well as resigning members, ensuring up to-date and accurate data, reporting, and analytics.
- In-reach: Plan and execute membership events, both in-person and virtual, for both resident and non-resident members; including, but not limited to, Membership Celebration Shabbats, New Member Receptions, Special Member Support Groups, etc.
- Develop an engagement plan for primarily remote members.
- Maintain and update online and physical membership materials, including brochures, invitations, and other branded items provided to members.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Membership and Inclusion Committee (and other committees as assigned), including partnering with committee chairs to execute on your and the committee’s objectives.