SUMMARY Got a knack for planning unforgettable fundraising events? Do you love both spreadsheets and people? Want to put those skills to work in a dynamic Jewish social justice environment changing lives every day? Shalom Bayit is growing, and we’re seeking a highly organized, stellar person to support our annual cycle of Development activities. You are the right partner for this new role if you are ultra-organized, feel passionate about Shalom Bayit’s mission, and enjoy wearing many hats in a supportive, dynamic workplace working with amazing people.
SHALOM BAYIT is the San Francisco Bay Area’s leading Jewish voice on gender-based violence. Through youth and adult prevention programs, training, advocacy, crisis intervention, Jewish healing, and powerful programs that center survivors, Shalom Bayit is building a Jewish communal response to abuse. Our programs create safety for women and gender minorities in the places we hold most sacred: home, work, school, and our Jewish communal institutions. For 30 years, Shalom Bayit has been shining a light on domestic violence in the Jewish community -- bringing women’s safety from the margin to the center of Jewish communal concern. Everyone deserves healthy relationships: we give people the tools to make that possible.
FTE: 30 hrs/week (.75FTE); negotiable to FT. Non-exempt. REPORTS TO: Events & Engagement Manager
Full Health, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement.
Generous vacation, sick, Jewish holiday, family leave | Consensus-driven, social justice, pet-friendly workplace committed to diversity, healthy boundaries and respectful workplace culture.
- Systems management: Provide administrative support to ensure smooth, timely and effective coordination of development activities and campaigns including annual gala, small fundraising events, major gifts campaigns, annual appeal, and legacy giving
- Data management & List Generation: Track and report fundraising metrics; assist with donation entry and acknowledgement; generate donor lists for solicitors; create and maintain spreadsheets both internal and external to support high-efficiency, organized donor engagement activities
- Donor communications: Ensure timely, excellent, effective professional communication (verbal and written) with donors and potential supporters
- Volunteer / lay leader engagement: support fundraisers to succeed by preparing fundraising reports, donor histories, and meeting materials and tools for their work on behalf of Shalom Bayit
- Gala Event planning: Support Events team with annual gala planning logistics including but not limited to: vendors, correspondence with donors and lay leaders, data entry, program content, and task management.
- Small Events planning: Coordinate Sukkot & Donor Appreciation events in collaboration with our Events Manager
- Digital and print materials: Develop, prepare and coordinate event mailings, materials and solicitations; Collaborate with lay leaders and staff to produce high quality fundraising appeals.
- Teambuilding: Support & attend team meetings, trainings, & collaboration; complete all other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented person with administrative and/or event experience, who understands core principles of event planning/production, loves implementing systems in dynamic, multi-user collaborations; and possesses these skills and qualities:
- Responsibility, flexibility, problem-solving, excellent judgment, initiative and insight
- Dedicated team-player with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow in a dynamic, interrupt-driven environment
- Excellent computer proficiency; fluency with Excel and Google Suite; skillful use of computer systems to manage data
- Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication and strong customer service skills
- Desire to be part of a small social justice team dedicated to empowering Jewish women and girls
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar donor management software a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community a plus
- 40-hour domestic violence certification training (can be completed after hire)
Women and people of marginalized genders, Jews of Color, people of traditionally underrepresented Jewish backgrounds, and survivors of abuse are especially encouraged to apply. We welcome and celebrate your voice! Shalom Bayit (a project of the Tides Center) does not discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic, ethnic, or religious background; sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or language. We represent a variety of Jewish backgrounds and denominations.
TO APPLY: submit cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected]