The Institute for Jewish Spirituality (IJS) envisions a world in which spiritual practice is a vital part of Jewish life, leading to greater peace, compassion and justice. IJS’s mission is to develop and teach Jewish spiritual practices so that individuals and communities may experience awareness, purpose, and interconnection.
Founded in 1999, IJS has led the development of our core practices of mindfulness meditation, tikkun middot (the cultivation of sacred character traits), Torah study, prayer, and embodied practices such as yoga. Grounded in Jewish mindfulness teachings, these practices enable participants to deepen their inner lives and connect more mindfully with others, Jewish life, and the sacred. In 2022, IJS announced a strategic plan outlining growth in three major program domains: serving the spiritual needs of people across the lifespan, leadership development, and building the field of Jewish spirituality.
About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative and strategic-minded consultant with social media & graphic design experience.
The Social Media Consultant will create and maintain a strong online presence for IJS brand while assisting in managing our various social media accounts. They will implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts in an effort to increase brand awareness and engagement rates, and deliver IJS program content. Additionally, this individual will learn about IJS’s target audiences and create an appropriate strategy to reach these groups. This part-time position is not eligible for medical or other benefits.
- Create and execute quarterly social media campaign strategies for the selling and promotion of IJS courses and programs
- In collaboration with IJS Program Team, help create and disseminate program content through social media, designed for maximizing community formation and engagement
- Create and execute a monthly posting calendar in Sprout Social
- Advise IJS on social media best practices
- Work with the Communications & Marketing Manager to create and post content for IJS’s official social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Meet weekly with the Communications & Marketing Manager and as needed
- Meet weekly with the Content Team and as needed
- Design graphics and other visual content for use on social media and digital channels
- Find innovative ways to grow and engage IJS’s social media audiences
- Set and track monthly KPI goals for all social media platforms
- Produce monthly metrics reports on all social media platforms
- Other tasks as needed
- Proven track record of cultivating new audiences via social media
- Graphic design and video-editing skills
- Understanding of how to write copy, create content, and post on each social media platform
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work while managing multiple projects
- Strong written communication skills
- Willingness to research emerging forms of social media, industry trends and best practices
- Ability to analyze metrics and pull actionable insights
- Experience developing and running lead generation forms a plus
- Experience and familiarity with Jewish spirituality and/or mindfulness a plus
- Experience managing social media for nonprofit organizations a plus
- Available to work remotely, up to 20 hours a week for IJS
- Compensation: $30 - $35/hr
Email resume, three work samples, and two references to [email protected] with the subject line, "Social Media Consultant Application". Work samples should demonstrate your experience in social media management.