The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center (JCC) is offering the perfect opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to make a meaningful difference on a local level. We are looking for a Communications and Social Media Director to raise our profile in the community, connect us with the public, and help us communicate with the next generation of participants and donors. At its core, your role is to lead the JCC in Marketing and Public Relations and to collaborate with the JCC’s management team to create successful community marketing initiatives. Our new Communications and Social Media Director will help develop, package and promote programs and services, rooted in our core values, to a diverse community of constituents. This position is a unique opportunity for the right individual who is energized by the idea of marketing having a significant impact on community. We are looking for a leader who will inspire the staff team and the local community, and who will be part of the program development process from inception to execution. If you are looking for an opportunity to give back to your community; to promote educational, cultural, wellness, and service programming for children and adults of all ages and of all backgrounds and cultures; and to apply your talents where you can really see the impact of your efforts, this could be the right position for you.
The ideal candidate will be calm under pressure, set clear expectations, be customer service oriented, be a team player, and will possess a good sense of humor. Ideally, this person will have significant experience working or volunteering in a non-profit social service agency, collegial environment, preferably in a community center or Jewish communal organization. This is a management position reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Communications and Social Media Director will be fully responsible for the planning and implementation of all marketing and communications strategies. In collaboration with Department Directors, this person will develop and implement marketing plans for all JCC Bridgewater programs, as well as for the agency as a whole. To successfully fill this role, the Communications and Social Media Director must have experience in: planning and executing multi-media marketing and communication strategies; supervision of department staff; budgeting process; and for producing marketing collateral fulfilling departments and agency needs.
Salary: Starting at $70,000; commensurate with experience.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Advance the agency brand and positioning.
- Lead the Communications/Marketing Team, including hiring and supervising all members of the Communications Department staff, including part-time staff and independent contractors.
- Plan and share deliberate promotional campaigns created to promote JCC mission, all major programs, membership and fundraising. This requires meetings with Department Directors for understanding their unique offerings and target audiences, ensuring all tactics are on schedule, and communicating progress as it happens.
- Track above-mentioned campaigns and prepare reports on the larger ones for directors and leadership on the results of the tactics.
- Regularly assess and improve the communication tools utilized by department.
- Conduct Weekly Communications/Marketing Team Meetings.
- Create content and schedule posts on various social media platforms across the agency, including JCC, Fitness, Camp, Preschool, etc.
- Utilize Daxko Engage (CRM system) for e-blast communications.
- Support agency fundraising initiatives, including social media campaigns.
- Serve as primary contact with and liaison to outside support companies, including digital marketing firm.
- Oversee development of new agency website.
- Manage the marketing and advertising budget.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designer in creating and developing marketing materials and collateral including but not limited to display ads, direct mail pieces, signage, annual report, flyers, fundraising initiatives, ad journals and more.
- Oversee and maintain Print & Digital Advertising placement and schedule.
- Identify and explore opportunities for story placements and press releases in local media outlets.
- Maintain media contact list, and serve as primary contact for media outlets/editors.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Associate Executive Director for any crisis communication and/or PR response statements, etc. that may be required.
- Be creative lead in special projects like photo shoots or video production.
- Participate in Agency-Wide Programs and Events.
- Participate in JCC Staff and Program Meetings
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least four years prior experience in marketing and communications (management) ideally in a JCC or another not-for-profit environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write marketing copy including ads, press releases, etc. creatively and effectively under deadline.
- Be flexible and possess strong time management skills.
- Have a calm demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Analytical and creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning messaging and design sensibility.
- Be current and knowledgeable of marketing trends. Knowledge of and comfort with new technology and familiarity with best practices of print and digital marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing plans for established and new programs.
- Working knowledge of and experience with creative design and online platforms.
- Working knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs and culture.
- Embrace professional development opportunities.
The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center will provide a wholesome, nondiscriminatory facility with a wide range of services and diverse programming. This Center is committed to preserving, enhancing and strengthening Jewish identity and fellowship and will work to enrich the Jewish community and community-at-large.
The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center is a non-sectarian social service agency located on 14 acres on Talamini Road in Bridgewater. The JCC opened its doors to the community in December 1999 after years of planning and fundraising by a passionate group of local families that were driven to bring a JCC to our area.
The JCC serves residents of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties with fitness, recreation, social, cultural and educational programming for the entire community. The JCC is open to all, and is dedicated to creating an environment that is open, safe, understanding and accepting. We welcome individuals and families of all race, religion, culture, national origin, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, economic status, mental or physical disability and backgrounds to be part of our JCC Family.
The JCC is the central address of our widely spread, diverse Jewish community and serves as coordinator and locale for many community-wide events and for programs of Jewish education and culture. Universal humanistic Jewish values and ethics serve as the foundation for our JCC. The JCC is governed by a Board of Directors that works with JCC Professional Staff to fulfill our mission of providing quality programs and services to meet the needs and wants of the Jewish and general communities.
The JCC facility includes heated indoor and outdoor salt-based pools. A dome enclosed outdoor pool is available in the off-season for year-round use. The JCC has a state-of-the-art fitness center, group fitness studios, spin studio and gymnasium. We offer more than 70 group fitness classes/week, including the internationally acclaimed Les Mills Fitness Program.
Our 70,000 square foot building is home to the Blaustein Early Childhood Center, JCC Camp Ruach, the J-Crew After School Program, adult programs, Jewish holiday observances and celebrations, special needs programs, the JFit Club Fitness Center, an indoor/outdoor Aquatics Center, and more.