About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks an Associate Director, North Dade and Broward to grow fundraising and donor base in Miami Dade and Broward County at all giving levels, with a primary focus on those giving annually a minimum of $1,000+; building and stewarding meaningful professional relationships with existing and prospective supporters.
This position will largely focus on growing the campaign through building relationships, one-on-one solicitations, and programs, including JNF affinity groups such as Lawyers and Doctors for Israel, Real Estate Division, and Synagogue Outreach with the goal of expanding JNF-USA donor units, stewarding and upgrading existing donors and building a strong presence for JNF-USA.
The Associate Director will work closely with the Broward and North Dade Board of Directors, helping to strengthen and develop the board and leadership. They will also work collaboratively with the South Florida Team for the overall success and growth of the region. This position will report directly to the Executive Director, South Florida.
Your passion for the land and people of Israel will inspire your assigned donors to help the region exceed its annual fundraising goals for the number of donor gifts at various giving levels and the total dollars raised.
- Solicit annual gifts from your portfolio of existing donors and develop meaningful ongoing professional relationships with these supporters.
- Identify, connect with, solicit and steward relationships with new donor prospects.
- Collaborate enthusiastically with lay leadership including managing the board to leverage connections and engage them in working towards regional and national goals.
- Recruit participants for trips to Israel and attendees for the Jewish National Fund-USA Annual National Conference.
- Host Israeli affiliates and arrange for them to meet with appropriate donors and donor prospects.
- Utilize Jewish National Fund-USA's Salesforce database to manage and track donor relationships.
- At least 2 years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated achievements in fundraising and/or private sector sales.
- Valid driver's license and a reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to work autonomously with integrity and efficiency, including a high-level of comfort utilizing virtual tools such as Zoom.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for events and meetings.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong passion for and knowledge about Israel.
- Familiarity with the Jewish communal landscape of Dade/Broward counties.
- Proven networking skills, along with the ability to inspire and build a growing community of supporters.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking, to serve as a compelling ambassador and advocate for Jewish National Fund-USA's mission.
- Successful experience working with or serving on nonprofit boards and/or committees is highly valued.
- Experience using a Client Relationship Management system like Salesforce is a plus.
- Knowledge and history of the South Florida area is a plus.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Ability to work from home
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range is dependent on experience level, but can fall within the range of $70,000- 90,000.