Temple Israel of Greater Miami
Position: Operations and Communications Director
Compensation: Competitive full-time salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package including medical insurance, gap insurance, paid time off (PTO), and a scheduled weekday off.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time salaried position - Exempt; Many evenings and weekends required
The Operations and Communications Director is tasked with overseeing facility operations, tenant needs, temple communications and other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director. Also included calendaring, set-ups, overseeing routine and planned maintenance, security, maintenance and responsible for temple related audio/visual needs. This position requires a professional who thrives in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
Operations and Communications Director Responsibilities:
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Coordinate with maintenance staff to ensure events, programs and services are set up according to specifications
- Manages relationship with security contractors
- Acts as liaison to any outside contractors and vendors
- Available to personally staff major events, programs or services
- Recording/Streaming (Services/Programs)
- Oversee Zoom Coordinator and Sound Engineer to ensure all scheduled recording and streaming takes place
- Coordinating Routine & Emergency Maintenance and Repairs
- Daily walks of the physical plant with an eye towards necessary maintenance, repairs, beautification, and safety
- Drafts and implements preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment (works closely with Executive Director)
- Scheduling long-term and immediate repairs
- Onsite for all operational and logistical needs
- Works directly with the Executive Director to assist in coordination of internal and external communications and oversee contracted graphic designer and social media coordinator.
Operations and Communications Director Requirements:
Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, broad knowledge of synagogue functions.
- Able to pivot and jump in when needed
- Highly Organized
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking abilities
- Computer literacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills