Tidewater Jewish Foundation, Inc., Virginia Beach, Virginia
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Tidewater Jewish Foundation (TJF) works to ensure the future of the Jewish community through philanthropic fund development, grant distribution, and professional management of local foundations and endowment assets. Founded in 1984, TJF has since distributed over $200 million in grants to Jewish and non-Jewish charitable organizations.
Under the direction and in collaboration with the President and CEO, the Marketing and Communication Coordinator plays an integral role in the advancement of the Foundation's mission- to support/promote charitable giving and ensure the future of the Tidewater Jewish community through philanthropic fund development.
- Collaborate with the Development Team to plan and implement a cohesive and strategic marketing/communications/outreach plan that advances the TJF mission.
- Take a leadership role in assessing existing communications to determine and implement changes that reflect industry best practices and will increase the effectiveness of TJF marketing and outreach efforts.
- Utilize digital analytics to measure the engagement and refine the TJF marketing strategy; ensure appropriate reporting to key partners on progress, results, and trends.
- Conceptualize, produce and edit copy for news articles, informative/technical materials, social media, annual reporting, TJF ads, e-newsletters, proposals, and internal communications; conduct in-person interviews, track industry news, and develop other original content opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Development Team to create and refine direct donor communications including impact reporting, gift acknowledgment letters, stewardship messages, donor stories, proposals, and appeals.
- Create and manage content for web-based communications, including, Linkedin, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Design, produce, and delivers print and digital graphic materials for TJF and its stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain the TJF website and Book of Life, including content production, application of consistent brand standards, and strategic structural updates.
- Oversee and manage vendors/contracts for special projects including video production, large publications, and photoshoots.
- Collaborate with the Development team to plan, execute, and promote one large and several small to midsize events per year.
- Coordinate and engage with community partners to increase inter0organization communication and collaboration.
- Manage projects, coordinate with internal and external vendors, and maintain publication schedules to deliver timely, high-quality content.
- Produce deliverables within a specified budget and maintain financial documents, ensure reconciliation of expenditures, and follow up on billing issues.
- Liaise directly with donors, board members, or other members of the community on TJF or other related matters as needed.
- Represent TJF at events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional copywriting and copyediting skills including the ability to write both technically and persuasively for print and digital platforms; knowledge of Associate Press style and strong journalism skills.
- Excellent judgment and capacity to design, layout, implement and evaluate marketing and communications with minimal guidance.
- Ability to deliver diverse print and digital communications.
- Ability to manage workflow, multiple ongoing projects, and deadlines in a dynamic setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising principles especially planned giving and stewardship.
- Excellent skill and ability in visual and graphic design; proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (strong InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred).
- Knowledge of videography, photography, video and photo editing and operation of video and photo equipment preferred.
- Experience with social media platforms in a professional setting; proficient in Hootsuite or similar.
- Experience with website management and development in a professional setting; proficient in HTML and or CSS.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other marketing data analytics and tools.
- Ability to design and develop email campaigns and messaging; proficient in Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Emma, or similar
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related study paths.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in direct marketing, such as leading strategy development and implementation, writing and editing copy for print and digital viewership, and assessing the effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts
Supervisor: President and CEO
Supervisor Responsibility None
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Working Conditions Office environment/Hybrid/Remote
The duties outlined in this job description are meant to be representative, but not all-inclusive, assigned to this job. These duties may be amended at the discretion of the President/CEO.