About Congregation Emanu-El of Westchester
We are a vibrant and inclusive Reform synagogue in Rye, New York which serves the Jewish communities of southeast Westchester and Fairfield County. We pride ourselves on creating an experience that allows all our congregants to express their Jewish identity in the most personally meaningful ways. Rather than seeking conformity, we build the community by honoring the uniqueness of each family.
Sunday Religious School Teachers
We are looking for dynamic, warm, and creative Religious School teachers for our in-person Sunday morning program. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for professional development, and personalized supervision with our Director of Education.
We have openings in Grades 1-6 for Sundays, 9:00am-12:00pm. We are looking for individuals that love working with children and can bring joyful Judaism to life by making it relevant and meaningful through experiential learning. The specific duties of these positions include:
- Having a positive and energetic approach to teaching
- Attend orientation and five team meetings throughout the school year
- Translate the curriculum into content-rich, fun, and engaging lesson plans that incorporate multiple modalities of instruction
- Develop creative and meaningful ways to incorporate madrichim - teen teaching assistants - into your class and lesson plans
- Communicate regularly and effectively (both verbal and written) with students, madrichim, parents, clergy, and staff
- Partner with the Director of Education to ensure best practices in inclusion to support learners of all abilities
- Compose brief summaries of each class and a key question to be included in weekly communication with parents
The salary range is $4,300-$7,500 based on your position and prior experience in education. To apply, send resume and three references to Naomi Fabes at [email protected]
Virtual Hebrew Tutors
We are looking for dynamic, warm, and experienced Hebrew teachers to tutor students 1-on-1 over Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 3:30-6:30pm. Ideal candidates will be knowledgeable in Hebrew prayer, have prior experience in Hebrew instruction, and have excellent Zoom skills.
The salary is $75/hour and you do not have to live in the Westchester/NYC area. All United States applicants are encouraged to apply!
To apply, send resume and three references to Naomi Fabes at [email protected]