Congregation Sons of Israel, a welcoming and vibrant Conservative synagogue in Westchester County and home to approximately 310 member units, seeks a warm, energetic Judaic content teacher to inspire our religious school students!
Religious School is in session through May with classes meeting Sundays (9:00 -11:00 AM) and Tuesdays (4:00-6:00 PM). The content teacher works closely with the CSI Religious School Director and Rabbi and will teach students in grades 4 – 7.
Job Type: Part-time, includes 4 hours of teaching, plus planning, periodic teacher meetings, student evaluations and parent communication.
Pay: between $8,000 – $10,000 for a full school year (September – May) based on experience. The amount will be pro-rated based on the start date.
A successful candidate:
- Loves working with Jewish children and young teens.
- Is knowledgeable about Judaic studies content.
- Has a passion for teaching and can utilize creative classroom management styles and techniques for an array of learners.
- Has experience as a secular and/or religious school teacher, or at Jewish camp. (But if you don’t, we are excited to support candidates who are passionate and ongoing learners!)
- Is comfortable leading, designing, collaborating on, and implementing lesson plans with support of our director and fellow teachers.
- Is vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
COVID-19 considerations: CSI regularly monitors Covid-19 rates in the region and we respond accordingly.
Send letter of interest stating qualifications and experience to: Ms. Orit Daly, Religious School Director