Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim (“TBEMC”) is a vibrant Conservative Jewish Synagogue in Cranford, New Jersey. TBEMC has 165 full-time members and a religious school with 60 students. TBEMC seeks a full time Temple/Synagogue Temple Office administrator.
1. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, has strong interpersonal skills, good telephone manners and the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
2. Candidate should have experience with all aspects of running an office and be comfortable using various computer systems and software programs, such as Word, Excel, Mail Merge, Publisher, and Adobe.
3. Knowledge of graphic software, mail merge, Constant Contact, Shul Cloud is a plus.
4. Knowledge of Jewish holidays, traditions, customs, terms and basic kashrut is a plus.
5. Prior Synagogue / Temple related experience is a plus.
6. Minimum 2 years office experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
7. This person reports to the President(s) and the Rabbi of the Synagogue who are responsible for periodic performance reviews
8. Overall responsibilities include management of the Temple office, administrative support to the clergy and lay leaders, facilities oversight, and coordination with vendors, suppliers and repair men.
Specific Daily / Weekly / Annual office responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- First line of communication with the public and the Temple community via personal interaction in the Temple office, telephone, emails and texts,
- Timely responses to messages, telephone calls and inquiries;
- Timely outreach concerning important messages to the Rabbi, Presidents, Education Director, committee chairs as needed
- Open, sort and prioritize mail – checks, invoices, correspondence for Financial Officers, Rabbi, Presidents and Committee Chairs
- Checks and donations – copy and log checks as received into excel worksheet
- Copy checks and donation notes for Financial Officers
- As instructed by Financial Secretary, mail checks to Bookkeeping Service (Financial secretary)
- Send Thank You Letters to donors and if applicable to honorees
- Monthly run Donation Report – run from Shul Cloud (The Bookkeeping / Member Data System) and edit as needed.
- Maintain TBEMC calendar – coordinate room reservations for events and meetings
- Reviews, approves, and distributes event set-up forms and communicates to Maintenance Crew for further handling
- Coordinate event preparation with families for B’Nai Mitzvahs or other Celebratory events with consolidation of the Rabbi and B’Nai Mitzvahs Committee Chair.
- Occasional assistance to religious school
- Hours of the role:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9-5
4.5 hours will be virtual based upon need and this is above the hours designed above. Jewish and recognized legal holidays provided off with pay.
- Prepare Shabbat Handout for religious readings, announcements and Yahrzeits based upon under the Rabbi’s direction
- Prepare and send weekly E-Blasts and Temple communications – to temple community
- Update weekly lists for Misheberach (Get Well Wishes) and Yahrzeits for Shabbat Handout and weekly eblast (email newsletter) with prior preparation of the Temple Rabbi.
- On a monthly basis, prepare Yahrzeit letters for mailing under the direction of the Rabbi.
- Maintain inventory of office supply closets and order as needed.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and orders supplies based on the inventory completed by each committee each committee.
- Orders weekly challah for Shabbat and arranges food for special events/holidays
- Updates exterior announcement board
- Responsible for the updating and publication of the Temple’s Yizkor booklet each year in advance of the High Holidays.
- Coordinate with entities and groups which rent space within the Temple.
- Attend Temple meetings and events when required.
- Such other related administrative duties and responsibilities as required.
$42,000 to $45,000
paid vacation, leave early for Shabbat
Medical coverage is not included
Cranford, New Jersey