About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
- Provide administrative support for UJA Young Leaders department and staff across events, programs, campaign, and donor engagement opportunities, as well as for ongoing and occasional FRD (fundraising) initiatives.
- General responsibilities include but are not limited to: ordering supplies, paying invoices, processing expense reports, requesting materials, arranging food and room requests as needed for specific fundraisers/events.
- In working with the broader Young Leaders team, manage the UJA Young Leaders outlook inbox inquiries coming from prospective donors. Begin with research, followed by donor calls/zooms/meetings, ultimately collaborating with other fundraisers to move donors along to proper ‘home’ within UJA Young Leaders.
- Oversee marketing partnership and projects including the Young Leaders micro-site, newsletter and social media strategies (with professional partnership where appropriate).
- Provide event support before, during and after UJA Young Leaders meetings, events and programs with emphasis on prospecting and creative brainstorms. Types of events include Shabbat dinners, happy hours, volunteer projects, an annual Gala, Jewish learning and leadership development programming, and more.
- Help fundraisers create ‘universe of donors’ through research, event follow-up, donor inquiries and more.
- Use fundraising database to process gifts and payments, manage event registrations, run giving lists/reports, and track attendance at meetings, events, programs, and trips. Encouraged to take ownership for account clean-up on any donor/prospect account being worked on.
- TBA: additional projects/tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular), the Internet, and database management.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to understand systems and procedures.
- Detail-oriented, effective time manager, with the ability to multitask in an extremely fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent writing, editing, and administrative skills.
- Flexible and proactive self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in fundraising, philanthropy and events.
- Positive work ethic and ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work at events and programs when required, which may be outside of normal business hours.
The salary for this role is $45,000.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
We’re operating on a hybrid work model: three set days in the office and two days remote. So enjoy the best of both worlds — the comforts of home and the energy of the office.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
PLANNING FOR RETIREMENT
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
SOME MORE (YES, MORE!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.