About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Data Analyst has strong analytical and organizational skills and is responsible for the development of key performance indicators. They create visualizations and dashboards from the data, and the cleaning and analysis of data for research and evaluation projects.
· Develop, track, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to the impact and effectiveness of UJA’s programs, services and grant-making
· Build monthly or quarterly dashboards for performance analysis using Excel and a data visualization tool, preferably Tableau
· Extract, clean, manipulate and analyze data related to a range of different research and evaluation projects
· Degree in an analytical field (mathematics, computer science, economics, social/natural sciences, business)
· 1-3 years of experience in a Data Analyst role
· Demonstrated experience creating dashboards and reports
· Demonstrated experience manipulating and analyzing data sets
· Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
· Experience querying, downloading and analyzing census data (ACS and decennial) would be welcome
· Strong quantitative and statistical skills
· Operate with a high-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a data visualization software, preferably Tableau
· Facility with SPSS, STATA, or another statistical software package
· Strong communication skills; including a comfort with using remote work tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
· Strong collaboration skills
· Adept at balancing numerous tasks simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines
· Dependable, flexible, and open to new experiences
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.