Cross Reports to: Western States Director and Director of Training
Location: Los Angeles - work from home with occasional in-office meetings in Miracle Mile
The Community Security Service (CSS) is the leading organization for training American Jewish volunteers to protect their communities. At CSS, our mission is simple: Protect Jewish Life and Jewish Way of Life. Through our tiered programs and training, volunteers learn to identify threats and proactively safeguard their synagogues, institutions, and events. We have trained over 5,000 volunteers across denominations and regions in the United States on situational awareness and operational security.
CSS is looking for a full-time Associate Director of Security Programs to support the organization's security & training efforts in the Western States. The Associate Director of Security Programs is responsible for supporting the development and execution of innovative and engaging security-related training initiatives for the organization. Working closely with the Western States Director and Director of Training, Regional Managers, and volunteer trainers, you will develop and execute plans that deliver on the organization's goals and build the capabilities of the volunteers across the organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to play an important and key role in driving an incredible training program in an expanding region and growing organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and occasionally deliver CSS Synagogue trainings and site walkthroughs.
- Oversee synagogue onboarding in Western States.
- Cultivate and manage cohorts of security trainers throughout the region.
- Manage young professionals program including recruitment of participants, organizing trainers for, and attending evening training sessions.
- Assist with creating training hubs in CSS regions in the Western States.
- Volunteer management and continuing education.
- Additional responsibilities as required and directed by the Western States Director and Director of Training.
Education, Experience, and Desired Skills:
- Required: Minimum of 5 years of experience in security/national security/law enforcement.
- Experience using training material via eLearning, video, in-person, and other presentations.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in training management /learning & development in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication skills, and ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment supporting a nonprofit organization.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and dependability.
- Microsoft Office and Google Workspace proficiency.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA with expected travel up to 20% (primarily within Western States, and occasionally to the East Coast).
Applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected], writing Associate Director of Security Programs (Western States) in the subject of the email.
Salary range is $65,000-$95,000 commensurate with experience; benefits are competitive.