The Schusterman Center for Israel Studies at Brandeis University is searching for a Program Administrator to join our dynamic and welcoming team to plan and implement the logistics for all Center events -- virtual, hybrid and in-person -- including its flagship Summer Institute for Israel Studies. Position also handles the Center’s financial transactions, such as payments and deposits.
The Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, founded in 2007, is dedicated to promoting exemplary teaching and scholarship in Israeli history, politics, culture, and society at Brandeis University and beyond. The Center is committed to advancing knowledge and understanding of the modern State of Israel.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume/CV.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements logistics for busy schedule of Center events, including seminars, talks, conferences, and summer programs.
- Duties span pre-event communications with speakers and participants to event “run of shows” to post-program recording management, YouTube uploads, and evaluation.
- Manages logistics for Summer Institute for Israel Studies for 20-25 professors from around the world at Brandeis for 11 days followed by 10-day study tour in Israel. May help staff tour in Israel.
- Develops event budgets and implements programs within them.
- Develops relationships with, and serves as primary contact for, internal campus departments, such as University Events and Media & Technology Services, and outside vendors, such as caterers.
- Requires attendance at most events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Manages many financial procedures for the Center, such as expense reimbursements, vendor and honoraria payments, account tracking and transfers, etc. Oversees reconciliation of expenses against monthly financial reports and may assist with other budget and expense reports.
- May entail occasional supervision of student worker.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as team member in similar position.
- Superior interpersonal skills required for professional interaction with broad spectrum of people, ranging from international VIPs to custodial staff.
- Ability to plan ahead, anticipate program details, and adjust plans quickly, when required.
- Must have superior technical skills with the aptitude to learn new computer-based systems. Must possess demonstrated competence in teleconference and standard office technology in a networked environment, such as Zoom, MS Word, Excel, web-based software, accounting systems, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in a busy office environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Option to work remotely 2 days/week.
- Experience with Israelis and/or Hebrew language skills a plus, though not required.
Please apply directly at https://brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Jobs/job/Brandeis---Waltham-Campus/Program-Administrator_R0006664-1