IsraAID US seeks an enthusiastic, deeply mission-driven, and collaborative Regional Director of Development to increase philanthropy, visibility, and presence.
IsraAID is an international, non-governmental humanitarian aid organization based in Israel. Since its founding in 2001, IsraAID has worked in emergency and long-term development settings in more than 60 countries around the world. IsraAID responds to emergencies and helps people affected by crises rebuild their lives, their communities, and their futures. From hurricanes to refugee crises to global pandemics, IsraAID mobilizes quickly and collaborates with communities at the grassroots level, staying for as long as it takes.
IsraAID US partners with communities across the United States, introducing Americans of all ages and backgrounds to IsraAID’s global humanitarian mission, and raises critical awareness and funds for IsraAID’s global operations.
IsraAID collaborates with stakeholders in impacted communities in an approach it calls ‘Communities First.’ The communities IsraAID work with supply local knowledge, experience, peoplepower, and tools. IsraAID delivers the technologies, resources, and long-developed professional expertise (oftentimes from Israel, which has vast experience with trauma, water scarcity, disaster relief and preparedness, and recovery).
IsraAID’s Areas of Expertise
IsraAID prioritizes the psychological, emotional, and social needs of communities, both during an emergency and in the months and years that follow.
Global education work focuses on disaster risk reduction, psychosocial support within education systems, and access to education.
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
IsraAID’s water engineers and WASH specialists provide sustainable solutions in partnership with local communities around the world.
IsraAID deploys medical teams after disasters and works to strengthen communities’ public health infrastructures.
IsraAID’s Areas of Activity
From the moment IsraAID arrives somewhere that has been torn apart by disaster, it hits the ground running. IsraAID keeps its Emergency Response teams small and nimble to give them the speed needed to help affected communities get back on their feet. Each response is implemented with local partners, and the first step is always to listen to affected communities with the intention of co-creating solutions.
- Recovery and Preparedness
Whether it’s disaster risk reduction programs, child protection models, or hygiene promotion campaigns, IsraAID builds sustainable, practical, and realistic solutions that communities can believe in and embrace for the long term — solutions that tap into the communities’ inner reserves of strength and resilience to allow them to take back ownership of their lives and futures.
- Refugees and Forced Migrations
IsraAID’s work with refugees begins with emergency relief, before shifting towards promoting longer term integration and resilience. IsraAID focuses on empowering displaced communities and always includes refugees as integral members of its teams to assist with running sustainable programs that build resilience, combat gender-based violence, advance child protection, improve sanitation, and offer livelihood opportunities.
“It is our responsibility to work alongside communities to ensure that those most vulnerable to emergencies have the tools and capacities to prevent storms from becoming disasters."
Molly Bernstein, Innovation, Information & Impact Coordinator, IsraAID HQ
Philanthropy at IsraAID and the Regional Director of Development Positions
“IsraAID is motivated by passion for quality humanitarian work for people in their greatest time of need.”
Sherry Weinman, Chairperson of U.S. Board
Philanthropic support for IsraAID within the United States has been growing steadily over the last several years (doubling to a current level of approximately $10,000,000 per year), driven by extraordinary world events as well as a highly engaged Board, committed individual supporters, and leading foundation and corporate partners.
The new Regional Director of Development will join IsraAID US at a pivotal time – a time of building and change. There is tremendous opportunity for continued and significant growth as knowledge of IsraAID’s efficacy and commitment to local partnerships spreads (especially with its work in Afghanistan and Ukraine) and the need for humanitarian assistance increases and becomes much more urgent all over the world.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Regional Director of Development will further grow IsraAID’s financial health, visibility, and presence. Working both independently and collaboratively, the Regional Director of Development will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors to initiate, maintain or expand giving to IsraAID.
- Support the implementation of IsraAID US’s fundraising strategy through donor solicitation, retention, and growth.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of donor and donor prospects, with specified engagement plans, fundraising goals, and targets.
- Implement a range of fundraising programs and activities to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at the $5,000+ level.
- Partner with the Board and other leadership volunteers to steward current high-capacity donors and grow the prospective donor base creatively and effectively.
- Organize and execute fundraising events to raise awareness and contributions.
- Maintain a strong overall awareness of local donor trends relating to IsraAID’s work and awareness of specific, relevant grant opportunities.
- Track and report all donor activities in Salesforce.
- Represent IsraAID at speaking engagements, conferences, and donor visits.
- Lead and support donor visits to IsraAID’s Humanitarian Missions outside and within the United States.
- Profound passion for, commitment to, and inspired by the mission of IsraAID.
- Comfort and experience as a frontline solicitor, with demonstrated success in closing four to five-figure (or more) individual gifts and/or a proven understanding of donor relationships and prospect management.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and leveraging CRMs to support and enhance fundraising.
- Ability to manage and lead a range of fundraising events and activities.
- Excellent communication skills, and adept at public speaking engagements and presentations.
- Ample knowledge of, and experience with, the philanthropic landscape in New York.
- The confidence and patience to work under pressure and in moments of ambiguity while maintaining deadlines and the utmost professionalism.
- Capability to work independently as well as cohesively within a small, industrious, and highly interdependent team.
- Self-sufficiency with a "roll up one's sleeves" attitude to do the administrative work (including diligent data entry) required to ensure a thriving and successful fundraising program.
- Willing and eager to devote up to 50% of time to travel within and outside of the United States.
- Entrepreneurial and adept at seizing and creating opportunities.
- Established record of setting strategic goals and meeting deadlines while maintaining high work quality.
- Flexibility with work hours based on the operational needs of working in a global environment with staff in multiple time zones.
- Innate confidence, poise, integrity, exceptional diplomacy, emotional intelligence, and empathy required.
- Positive perspective about Israel and knowledge of, and experience with, Jewish communities, values, and culture are critical.
- Experience in the humanitarian aid, international development and/or the human rights field – a significant plus.
The salary range for the Regional Director of Development, New York is $140,000 - $160,000; the starting salary will be based on experience, competencies, and skillset.
Studies show that women and people from underrepresented groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications – yet few people ever meet every qualification. If that applies to you, IsraAID encourages you to break that statistic and apply.
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Regional Director of Development, New York
Guirlaine R. Belizaire
For more information, please visit www.developmentguild.com.
For more information about IsraAID, please visit https://www.israaid.org.