Olami Manhattan, a YJP outreach organization in the West Village is looking to add a part time (approximately 20 hours/week) Event Coordinator to our talented and growing organization. This role would be responsible to manage programs, events and special initiatives from start to finish, as well as oversee the management of our event spaces. If you are detail oriented, creative, a multitasker, fiscally responsible, a problem solve, love the Jewish community, and want to make impact, then this job is for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES: including but not limited to
- Planning and managing Shabbatons
- Managing and growing our Alumni community program
- Liasing with Sister organizations on programming
- Maintaining the integrity and the fucntionality of our communal work and event spaces/apartments.
- Collaborating with Events Director on big social events and assisting with logistics as needed.
- maintain and establish relationships with vendors and venues
- Attend and manage weekly meetings
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Events, PR or Marketing
• Enthusiastic, organized and responsible
• Experience and willingness to learn
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook a plus
• Pleasant demeanor when working with colleagues and vendors
• Able to multi task and able to remain calm in high stress situations
• Very well organized
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
This position reports to the Events Director and has potential to grow into a full time position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.