Education Team Administrative Assistant
Temple Israel Center, White Plains, NY
Temple Israel Center seeks an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This part-time position will support the operations of the Education team, with a specific focus on Shorashim, our religious school. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented and personable with a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit.
About our community:
Temple Israel Center is a fully egalitarian Conservative congregation with a diverse and growing membership. Our community is engaged in life-long learning and we are dedicated to providing meaningful opportunities for congregants of all ages, abilities, and levels of observance. We are deeply committed to fostering Jewish learning in an atmosphere of mutual respect and inclusion. Our families want their children to be connected, to be inspired, and to see Temple Israel Center as their second home.
Job responsibilities and details:
- Friendly face and helping hand - answer school phone line, interact with teachers, parents and children
- Communication - compile information for weekly email to school families, send additional correspondence as necessary, maintain up-to-date contact lists
- Finance - track teacher hours and submit payroll, maintain budget to track expenses, submit receipts for credit card statements, handle invoices and reimbursement requests
- Teacher and Learner support - record student attendance, handle photocopy and supply requests
- Order supplies and materials for the department
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of office area and shared teacher workspaces/storage closets
- 20 hrs/week - specific schedule to be determined with supervisor but must include Sunday mornings 8:30 am-12:00 pm, Wednesdays 3:30-6:00 pm, and Thursday afternoons 3:30-6:00 pm to cover before, during and after religious school classes
- Strong work ethic and a friendly disposition
- Patient and calm demeanor
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Proficient computer skills in Excel and Google docs; familiarity with Constant Contact, Weebly and Shucloud is a plus (if these platforms are unfamiliar, don’t worry because we’ll train you!)
- Responsive to needs to staff and community members
- Knowledge of Judaism and Jewish practices is a plus, but not a requirement
Salary range is $25,000-$29,000 for this part-time position.
Please contact Michelle Steinhart, TIC’s Director of Learning and Inclusion, to apply for this position, [email protected] or 914-948-2800 ext. 145