Perelman Jewish Day School is seeking a strategic, enthusiastic, creative, and articulate Associate Director of Enrollment who will support the school’s efforts to recruit, enroll, and retain a diverse and dynamic student population.
The Associate Director of Enrollment will report to the Director of Enrollment with support from the Director of Institutional Advancement and Head of School as well as other members of the Senior Administrative Team. A key responsibility of this role will be the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of students.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong understanding of independent and Jewish day schools. The ideal candidate believes deeply in the unique mission and core values of the Perelman Jewish Day School and will support the school by recruiting and retaining students who will benefit from the Perelman’s unique culture and programmatic offerings and contribute to the school community. Understanding the geographic diversity of the Jewish community of Greater Philadelphia, in particular the Northern Suburbs, is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Enrollment to strategically formulate and execute recruitment, application, admission, and retention processes;
- Assist in the development of a strategic recruitment and communication plan to reach targeted audiences, including identifying and implementing best-practice web-based technologies;
- Lead tours for prospective families;
- Plan and execute recruitment, admissions, and retention events that support enrollment;
- Work with the Director of Enrollment and the Director of Communications to build marketing campaign to support the recruitment of prospective families;
- Ability to design basic flyers and marketing materials is a plus;
- Collect, analyze, and internalize data;
- Meet with key stakeholders throughout Philadelphia along with the Director of Enrollment and the Head of School;
- Cultivate relationships with current families and alumni/ae who can act as ambassadors in the admissions process;
- Foster high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for colleagues, alumni/ae, parents, and students throughout the admissions process.
- Work with principals and faculty to understand core elements of the school.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience in education and/or admissions preferred
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and Sundays
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed throughout Greater Philadelphia