Congregation Bnai Yeshurun (CBY) a Modern Orthodox shul in Teaneck, NJ is seeking a pair of passionate and energetic Teen Minyan Congregation Directors.
Located in the heart of picturesque suburban Bergen County, just 10 minutes from New York City, CBY, the largest and oldest and extremely vibrant Orthodox synagogue in Teaneck, is the focal point of a flourishing Orthodox Jewish community which consists of many other Orthodox shuls, a community mikva as well as a mens mikva and eruv, multiple yeshiva day schools and high schools, and convenient kosher shopping and dining.
CBY, led by Rabbi Elliot Schrier, is the spiritual center for hundreds of families of all ages and backgrounds. At CBY one will find beginners, Yeshiva graduates, newlyweds and retirees, with the largest group - parents with growing children - the core of the shul. It is home to ten daily prayer services, seven prayer services on Saturday mornings, and many daily and weekly classes and events.
- Directing and overseeing the Junior Congregation department (grades 5-6, ages 9-11).
- Junior Congregation runs every Shabbat morning from 9:00 am-11:30 am.
- Shabbat morning programming includes davening, a game/activity, and a learning program component followed by a themed kiddush.
- Supervising Junior Congregation youth educators.
- Planning and implementing activities for Junior Congregation aged children on a once-a-season basis (4 events per year); typically hosted on a Sunday.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with the Youth Directors and CBY Youth Committee to plan upcoming events.
- Serve as a positive Jewish role model for the youth of CBY.
Ideal Candidates should:
- Have a background in informal Jewish Education, especially in developing educational programming.
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
Expected to work Shabbatot and some Chagim. 4 weeks off per year.
No work during the months of July and August.
Midweek preparation and personal engagement: 1-2 hours average.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply please send the following to [email protected]
- Cover letter
- A short response to one of the following questions (either in written or video format):
- Tell us why you think you’re a good fit for this role.
- What is your vision for your role as Junior Congregation director at CBY?