Position: Donor Relations Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Purpose: The Donor Relations Manager serves as the day-to-day manager of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s donor cultivation and stewardship efforts as directed by Foundation policies and plans.
The Donor Relations Manager facilitates measurable actions leading to the development of stronger lifetime bonds and new connections with Zeta Beta Tau and its brotherhood. The Donor Relations Manager has the responsibility of managing cultivation events (i.e., class/chapter reunions, industry events and other special events) for the purpose of growing support for the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation.
In collaboration with other members of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation staff and in support of both the Foundation’s development and communications plans, the Donor Relations Manager implements and manages a comprehensive stewardship program that illustrates to donors the impact of their giving. This position plays a key role in a growing portfolio of donor recognition.
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for the entry of donor gifts into the database and that donor acknowledgement is performed accurately and in a timely manner. Manages and updates all processes and procedures within the donor care function. Ensures an exceptional level of customer service is provided to all Foundation constituencies with particular attention to donors and prospective donors.
Responsibilities - Cultivation
- Coordinate and manage Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s cultivation activities.
- Facilitate the building of relationships with donors and donor prospects by engaging them with Zeta Beta Tau.
- Create and serve as point person on all engagement events and activities.
- Provide recommendations on prioritizing the methods the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation will utilize to build relationships with donor prospects.
- Identify and implement best practices in donor cultivation where and when needed resources are available.
- Prepare recommendations for cultivation budget needs and work within approved cultivation budget.
- Provide reports on cultivation activity and impact on development.
- Maintain and update donor database to track cultivation activities.
Responsibilities – Stewardship
- Implement comprehensive and strategic plan for stewardship and donor relations.
- Provide comprehensive coordination and management of donor recognition and special events.
- Facilitate special stewardship activities as needed.
- Aid in implementation of routine stewardship activities (acknowledgements, metrics, and surveys, etc.).
- Maintain and update donor database to track stewardship activities.
- Knowledgeable of development gift processes and vehicles.
Responsibilities – Gift Fulfillment
- Timely processing of donations to include database gift entry, donor acknowledgement and honor/memory notifications.
- Coordinates securing and updating information (i.e. credit card information) required to process pledges in a timely fashion.
Responsibilities – Systems
- Knowledgeable of donor database.
- Serves as a partner in stewardship efforts with the development team.
- Assists with the planning and execution of programs and events. National travel may be required at times.
- Provides ideas/suggestions for opportunities that further educate brothers, steward donors and lead to new gift opportunities or increase affinity/loyalty to Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity.
- Stays abreast of industry standards within the fraternal community, participates in creating best practices and forms relationships with counter parts of other organizations.
- Knowledge of best practices in cultivation, stewardship, and engagement.
- Ability to navigate the Foundation’s database to implement cultivation, stewardship, and engagement activities.
- Ability to run reports and develop and maintain computer records and files to provide an ongoing, historical reference of cultivation, stewardship, and engagement activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various donors, donor prospects, board members and other key stakeholders.
- Preferred experience with a fraternal organization