MINYAN OHR CHADASH OFFICE MANAGER
Dynamic Seattle Modern Orthodox synagogue seeks office manager.
Minyan Ohr Chadash is a Modern Orthodox, Zionist congregation located in the heart of Seattle’s Seward Park neighborhood. MOC is volunteer driven, whose members work together to create a caring and welcoming community dedicated to providing a wide range of meaningful Jewish experiences.
Activities at MOC include daily and Shabbat prayer services, holiday celebrations, and community events. MOC engages its members and the community-at-large in authentic and intellectual challenges for study.
Formed in July 2013, MOC will celebrate its 10th anniversary this summer.
Job Summary – Minyan Ohr Chadash is seeking a part-time Office Manager to work on-site approximately 15 hours a week, ideally three hours a day Monday through Friday but flexible. Hourly rate is $30 - $35 per hour, experience dependent.
- Responsible for monitoring phone, voice mail and email
- Receive and sort daily mail and misc. deliveries
- Manage supplies for office, kitchen, and restrooms
- Liaison to building renters
- Coordinate building usage by third party groups
- Update website on a regular basis including schedules and events
- Monitor social media posts
- Create and disseminate flyers, newsletters
- Direct email to appropriate recipients
- Manage community needs of congregants (shiva, meal trains, birth announcements)
- Point person for building repairs, maintenance, and custodial services
- Serve as key contact for alarm protocol and door codes
- Review checklists for building maintenance weekly.
- Responsible for setup for recurring and special events
- 3-5 years of experience as administrative assistant or office manager or applicable work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, dependability, and punctuality.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and experience prioritizing assignments.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience working both independently and with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint along with Google suite and an aptitude for new programs (for flyer design).
- No travel required
- Must have received COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]