Luria Academy of Brooklyn
Elementary Hebrew Teacher
For Fall 2024
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org), we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Our two campuses serve 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated Jewish day school education in a progressive environment. Our students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue. At Luria, we focus on the whole child; as such, our educators develop learning experiences that support and challenge each student. We track student progress using standards based assessment and grading practices.
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative teacher to join our Hebrew Language team. Essential duties include: (1) planning and preparation of materials, classroom instruction with an eye towards differentiated and progressive practices with ongoing student assessment and feedback; (2) regular communication with parents (3) active participation in curriculum development, pedagogy, and best practices.
Successful candidates will possess a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, self-motivation, curiosity and openness to new ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in a school setting where children’s learning and experiences are central to educational decisions.
- Teach Hebrew language in an immersion environment
- Collaborate with a team of teachers and with faculty
- Design and deliver curriculum according to ACTFL standards
- Manage classroom routines and behaviors
- Communicate with families
- Fluent Hebrew speaker with strong pedagogical skills, including experience with Hebrew immersion
- Master’s degree preferred
- Specialization and training in second language acquisition
- Training in Special Education preferred
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience, preferably in a progressive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teachers from different disciplines
- Creative and dynamic educator
Please send a resume and cover letter that outlines your experience and interest in joining the Luria community to Esti Heller-Nevanansky, Lower School Hebrew Instructional Lead, [email protected]
For salary information, please see our Salary Scale.