Temple Emanuel’s mission: Founded in 1874, Temple Emanuel Denver is a dynamic and inclusive
Reform Jewish community with historic roots. -- Together, as a sacred community, we strengthen and deepen Jewish journeys
Temple Emanuel is looking for its next part-time program and events manager to play a vital role in planning and managing our events and programs surrounding the celebration of our 150th Anniversary. This person creatively plans, manages, and coordinates the diverse and varied programs and events associated with a year of celebrations. This person takes great pride in ushering all events to its successful finale for our 150th anniversary. As “central command control” for all things “150th Anniversary”, this person is organized, efficient, creative and knows how to balance simultaneous moving pieces with grace and precision, while furthering the Temple Emanuel spirit, culture, and mission. This position involves strategic planning, high-level coordination among all different aspects of the Temple Emanuel community, and collaboration with all departments in the organization.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- In collaboration with Temple Emanuel Sr. Management and our 150th Anniversary team, create and execute a strategic plan for programs, learning opportunities and celebrations.
- Develop detailed project plans for each program and event in partnership with key players and contributors (both professional and lay leadership groups).
- Manage tasks and ensure that all deadlines for action items on project plans are met.
- Create and manage program and event budgets and resource allocation.
- Holistically oversee the entire 150th Anniversary programs and events calendar, including the High Holy Days, holiday services, special events, adult education, culture series, affinity group programs and events, co-sponsored events, and other “Anniversary” mission-driven programs in partnership with key players and contributors.
- Oversee and execute logistics for all programs and events, including but not limited to: calendaring, food and supply procurement, vendor management, rentals, staffing, etc.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Significant event planning and program management experience
- Strategic thinking and the ability to plan multiple events at once
- A sense of flexibility and a “can-do”/ solution-oriented attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adept with technology and the ability to learn and adopt new systems
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to multi-task, stay calm and flexible in the midst of obstacles and changes
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, purpose-driven and fluid environment
Part Time Status: Exempt -- Salaried
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience Salary range: $30,000-$38,000
Supervisor: Executive Director
Equal Opportunity & Diversity: Temple Emanuel prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]