Marketing Associate who can work independently and as part of a professional team. The successful candidate will develop communications and marketing materials, plan and The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is seeking a dynamic Communications & execute special events, and manage a wide variety of online and print communications projects. These include direct mail, logos, invitations, advertising, videos, newsletters, annual reports, and other collateral. The ideal candidate will have an excellent command of the English language – written and verbal – and superior spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills; and the ability to conceptualize, write, develop and produce sophisticated marketing materials rooted in Jewish customs and traditions. The ideal candidate will have experience in creative project management, special events, multimedia/video assets, and collateral and advertising development.
Writing and proofreading:
- Conceptualize, write and create advertisements, brochures, direct marketing solicitations, invitations, speeches, and other copy
- Review, edit and proofread materials and obtain approvals
- Write and edit invitation content, brochures, articles, scripts, videos, ads, flyers, HTML, and a suite of marketing and collateral
Print, digital, and email production:
- Obtain bids from external graphic designers and printers and work with an in-house graphic designer to execute effective and creative marketing materials
- Oversee production from creation of layouts to final product delivery
- Coordinate distribution through mail house
- Coordinate and execute campaigns, HTML flyers, and other collateral while meeting deadlines, following timelines, and ensuring uniformity of content/messaging
- Help develop marketing materials for programs and events that align with brand standards
Creative Project Management:
- Execution skills include being well-organized, flexible, able to work with all levels, and possessing strong project management abilities, pivotal in keeping projects moving internally and managing expectations.
- The ideal candidate will be process-oriented and manage all projects with persistence, patience, and diplomacy. They will also demonstrate leadership in keeping all materials updated and accurate; they can capture the vision of various individuals and groups and quickly take a project to completion while communicating difficult technical concepts to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to respond to requests, inquiries, and suggestions comfortably.
- Demonstrate keen ability to gather information and understand the overall direction of the creative requests, working proactively toward completing project deliverables and supporting the team in various administrative activities by building project schedules, checklists, and plans.
- Responsibilities also include coordinating with different groups to ensure that projects start and finish on time, that all stakeholders have reviewed and approved content, and apply consistent guidance and structure during projects.
- Coordinate the production of video shoots, crews, and schedules and develop video strategy, sourcing, and scripting as necessary.
- Obtain bids from venues, caterers, and other event-related vendors
- Secure venues after researching all major local event calendars
- Retain outside vendors (florists, audio-visual companies, etc.)
- Coordinate delivery of materials and services
- Manage, set up, and troubleshoot event execution on-site
- Coordinate with the venue, caterer, entertainment, theme, suppliers, AV, décor, contracts, logistics, load-in and load-out schedules, vendor lists, run of show and production checklists
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent planning and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and produce a high volume of fresh and sophisticated materials under shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Outstanding research and critical-thinking skills and resourcefulness
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills and a strong sense for troubleshooting
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with the organization’s internal departments and outside vendors
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Photoshop preferred
- Familiarity with essential Internet and email laws
- Maintain campaign media as needed, review all art file updates and HTMLs for accuracy
- Improve existing processes
- Ensure on-time, accurate execution
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible in supporting the Marketing team on a wide variety of functions and duties
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Familiar with all aspects of production, including email marketing, digital, video, and print
- Coordinating, scheduling of meetings; taking notes and distributing; follow up on actions and next steps
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at both a strategic and an operational level
- Excellent, proven organizational skills
- Graphic design sensibilities and ability to art direct
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan and manage projects with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively inside and outside the department utilizing tact, diplomacy, and a professional manner
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Ability to multitask and handle stress
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working both independently and as a member of a team
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Required availability to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends that involve organizational events and meetings
Bachelor’s degree required in Communications or related field, plus five years of solid communications, public relations and/or marketing experience, preferably within a nonprofit setting, in an in-house marketing department and/or an agency environment.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer.
Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions
Bilingual is a plus.
Send resume, salary requirements, and samples of work.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.