Momentum (previously known as the JWRP), a global non-profit organization based in Maryland, USA, was established in 2008 to empower women to change the world through Jewish values that transform themselves, their families, their communities, and the world
Momentum’s flagship program, the Momentum Year-Long journey, is an educational experience.
that includes a free, eight-day, personal immersive journey through Israel. More than 20,000 Jewish individuals from more than 25 different countries have already experienced this lifechanging trip, together with 250 Partner Organizations around the world. Participants return home with the best gift of all — a love for Israel, a profound kinship with each other, and a connection to Jewish values. At the request of many participants, their husbands, and Partner Organizations, we created Momentum opportunities for men, helping to lift the family together. Over 1,000 men have already experienced the spirit-building power of Momentum. In 2014, Momentum partnered with Israel’s Ministry of Diaspora Affairs, significantly expanding Momentum’s reach.
Dedicated to inspiring Jewish individuals to live their most meaningful lives, Momentum has expanded to provide three entryways:
Momentum Living, our multimedia platform, is home to a growing array of on-demand videos and podcasts, engaging webinars, thoughtful articles, and virtual reunions. With new dynamic content added daily, Jewish parents can tune in from wherever they are to gain the tools and inspiration they need to connect to their Jewish heritage in meaningful ways.
Momentum Journeys are transformative experiences that bring together Jewish individuals – both locally and in Israel – to connect to Jewish values, engage with Israel, take action, and foster unity without uniformity.
Momentum Learning features robust educational programming and resources to enable our community to learn on their own, with their families, and with their friends; to bring their learning into every area of their lives; and to enrich every holiday celebration.
As part of organizational growth, we are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial Sr. Human Resource Manager to join our global team and oversee all aspects of our internal HR function for our growing team of over 50 people across several countries. The Sr. HR Manager will promote a culture of innovation and collaboration while ensuring compliant and efficient HR generalist activity. Reporting to
the CFO, will act as a hands-on contributor while also supervising a full-time HR Coordinator. Key functions include recruitment, benefits, employee development, performance management, compliance, human resources policy, compensation planning, and employee relations. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all human resources elements and will work closely with leaders and employees across the organization.
- Develops recruitment strategies, showcases Momentum as an employer of choice, supports managers in their hiring processes, oversees creation of appropriate hiring documents, and ensures thorough and successful employee orientation and onboarding practices. For some searches, plays a direct role with running all aspects of the hiring process, including sourcing and selection and for other searches supports the activity of hiring managers and outside search consultants.
- Provides support and development to managers on interviewing skills, employee coaching, performance management, training and development resources, and other related HR topics.
- Establishes an open and welcoming presence with employees and is available to answer questions and help with problem-solving on any issues or concerns. Addresses employee relations issues sensitively, fairly, and clearly; manages employee separation processes as required.
- Creates and administers human resource programs including, but not limited to, employee recognition, performance management, and culture initiatives. Plans and executes all staff meetings and retreats to infuse culture, maximize professional development and build camaraderie.
- Manages the employee engagement survey process including planning, maximizing participation, coordinating the appropriate action plans, and proactively managing follow-up.
- Assists in the management of the annual performance review and goal setting process. Prepares all relevant forms, ensures deadlines are met and supports all staff with their completion.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state statutes/laws such as FMLA, ADA, Sexual Harassment, OSHA, Workers Compensation, and Title VII.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to executive leaders.
- Supervises, coaches, and develops the HR Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to management of special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (HR/Organization Development or Business Administration). Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources. Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work occasional non-traditional hours, including evenings and Sundays, to support events and/or the global work environment.
Salary range: $80-90K, commensurate with experience
To apply, please click here to submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.