Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School, Palo Alto, California
Full Time General Studies Assistant Teacher Positions
2023-24 School Year
Gideon Hausner seeks dynamic, committed, creative individuals to serve as assistant teachers. The successful candidate will work alongside experienced lead teachers. S/he will be responsible for assisting the lead teachers in teaching all content areas (language arts, math, science, Jewish studies) and may be asked to work 1:1 or with small groups of students. In addition, the assistant teacher will assist with providing feedback to students, managing the learning environment, and preparing instructional materials. S/he will also accompany the students to other special classes during the week including art, music, library, PE, maker and provide assistance in these classrooms.
- Commitment to meaningful collaboration with colleagues and parents.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to take risks and seize leadership opportunities as they arise.
- Commitment to staying current with research on best practices.
- Interest in professional growth and continuous learning.
- Interest in improving the school as a whole and willingness to share best practices.
- Ability to be self-reflective and learn from feedback received from colleagues, administrators, and students.
- Assist with designing and implementing hands-on, student-centered, standards-based, meaningful curriculum in core content areas: language arts, math, history, STEM, etc.
- Support students in the classroom through individual and small group instruction.
- Actively collaborate with grade level/department colleagues and other instructional team members.
- Attend and actively participate in all faculty meetings.
- Participate in special school events including, but not limited to, Open House, Back to School Night, STEM Fair, and special student performances. Attendance at other community/school events is encouraged.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate should possess the ability and willingness to work with young students in various group settings using multiple teaching methods.
- Previous teaching or experience working with children required.
- Effective classroom management skills are important.
- Competitive salary. Pay ranges from $38,500-56,000 depending on experience.
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement Plan, Long- and Short-term Disability, Voluntary Life/Accident Insurance, Work-Life Balance Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Pre-tax payroll deduction also available for Commuter Checks and Flexible Spending Account.
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is an independent community school with an engaged and motivated student body that participates fully in both Jewish and secular activities. We maintain outstanding academics and a strong sense of community while instilling Jewish values and traditions. We teach to the whole child, focusing on social and emotional growth, academic and critical-thinking skills, as well as a wide array of enrichment activities. Our philosophy strongly encourages inclusivity and diversity; ethics and values are infused throughout the TK-8 curriculum.
Hausner is dedicated to professional development. Teachers are encouraged to collaborate with their peers at Hausner, as well as at other schools. Faculty have leadership opportunities within the school and participate in professional and curriculum development opportunities throughout the year, both nationally and abroad. Our benefits and friendly community inspire excellent teacher retention.
Four-acre Palo Alto campus features a first-rate library, Beit Tefilah, two computer labs, a creativity lab, an art room, a music room, a state-of-the-art gym and expansive outdoor playing fields.
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to an inclusive, welcoming community, where all are accepted and are treated with respect.
Hausner does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, veteran status, national, or ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to [email protected]
Please indicate “Assistant Teacher Applicant” in the Subject Line