Early Childhood Director - Gan Mah Tov, Oakland, California
Are you a kind, warm, and enthusiastic early childhood educator? Our vibrant, nonprofit preschool of 40+ children located in the beatiful Trestle Glen/Park Blvd neighborhood of Oakland, is looking for a director.
Do you enjoy spending time whith children (5 months to pre-k), fostering curiosity and focusing on their social-emotional development? Do you enjoy building relationships wtih caring parents and a dedicated staff? Do you enjoy professonal growth for yourself and your work partners?
Yes to all that? Keep reading.
Gan Mah Tov (lit. "Really Good Preschool") of Beth Jacob Congregation (a modern Orthodox community) wants a director like you to build on the success of our program.
We really hope you'll:
- Have a BA degree in early childhood education or related field (and appropriate ECE units)
- Embrace the preschoold's Jewish mission, even if you're not Jewish
Still reading? Do you...
- Pay attention to the many ways that children make meaning of the world?
- Value parents as important partners in the work of the school
- Model being a postitive, team player who works both independently and collaboartively
- Show curiosity about the nature of learning and teaching and embrance reflection as a tool for growth and learning
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity for all
- Protect, and exercise discretion and confidential information
Are you ready to come work with us?
- Start Date: January 1, 2023 (or earlier if available)
- Salary Range: Up to $90,000 depending on experience
- Vacation: 12 month job, with one week paid vacation in addition to paid Spring break, Winter break, and Jewish and federal holidays
- Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, retirement plan, and paid sick days
- Work with an AWESOME team!!
- Preschool hours: Monday through Thursday 8a-6p, Friday 8a-4p
Please Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]