Larchmont Temple Nursery School is looking for a parental leave full-time kindergarten teacher to join our caring school community. Candidates should be NYS certified or have a bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in education. We are looking for a teacher who loves learning, is creative, and works collaboratively with colleagues.
LTNS is a progressive play-based nursery school that draws inspiration from Reggio Emilia and Bank Street College approaches. Teachers plan emergent curriculum based on interests of the children and curriculum is carried out through project-based learning. The curriculum is then integrated into aspects of classroom life such as morning meeting, story time, free play, and outdoor time.
LTNS believes children are curious and filled with ideas and theories. They are capable of playing a role in their own learning and their interests drive the classroom curriculum. It is important that our teachers carefully plan activities and explorations that will stimulate the children’s curiosity and love for learning.
The LTNS Kindergarten program is an academically rigorous, developmentally appropriate, caring, and progressive program. Students spend time each day playing in addition to morning meeting, outdoor play, specials, Reader’s Workshop, Writer’s Workshop, Phonics, and math.
Please explore our website for more information:
- NYS Certification or bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree, Special Education preferred
- Experience working in a progressive school setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in many “languages” used by children in the classroom
- Understands child development
- Understand classroom management as well as fostering a positive sense of community within the classroom
- Works collaboratively with colleagues
- Passionate and always willing to learn new things
- Works to support children at various stages of development and with varying needs
- Communicate with families regularly, offering guidance, support and insight
- Has knowledge of assessment and data collection
- Familiar with and/or willing to learn Teacher’s College Readers and Writers Workshop and Phonics model
- Familiar with and/or willing to learn the Bridges mathematics program
Full-Time 8:30am – 3:15pm with children attending 9:00am-2:45pm
Based on a rate of $55,000-$65,000 annual, depending on experience
End of January (TBD)- June 7th