About the Organization:
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The UJA Women Campaign Director is responsible for creating, implementing, and driving strategies that target women throughout UJA-Federation. The campaign director has broad oversight of the areas that target donors and prospects in this demographic, and provides overall strategic direction for increasing donor engagement, involvement and giving.
- Develop vision and provide strategic guidance to lay and professional leadership to enhance donor engagement and community outreach.
- Engage high-end prospects and donors, developing their commitment to Jewish philanthropy and community and ensuring ongoing significant financial support for UJA-Federation and involvement in Jewish community.
- Provide overall management to reports by coordinating staff assignments, fostering teamwork, directing and coaching, setting expectations, and providing performance feedback and career-development opportunities to attain individual and departmental goals.
- In collaboration with other FRD divisions, ensure that constituents receive appropriate cultivation, referral, and placement within FRD areas and the broader organization. This includes working closely with the trades to both engage professional women and spouses, in addition to Manhattan and Young Leaders to ensure a holistic approach to donor development.
- Work collaboratively with regions to ensure a strategic approach to engaging women that continues to break down geographic silos. Collaborate on programs and coordinate calendars to ensure that we are offering a robust calendar of events that are open to all women, regardless of geography.
- Build positive UJA-Federation brand awareness among women throughout New York City, Long Island, and Westchester.
- Work closely with JFNA to ensure the continued success of LOJ and other programs that connect women across the Federation network.
- Champion the mission and needs of the division within and outside the organization.
- Develop, review, and monitor operating budget to maintain accountability and ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ten plus years of experience running a successful fundraising campaign
- Strategic planning skills, multi-tasking ability and strong organizational skills
- Creative thinking and ability to be a team player
- Experience in leadership development and mentorship
- Deep understanding of the value and nature of the lay–professional relationship
- Strong knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community
- Strong negotiation as well as consensus building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, leadership, collaboration, and writing skills
The salary range for this role is $160,000 - $185,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.