Family Support Specialist / Social Worker – Full Time: Afternoon/Evenings hours required.
JAFCO offers a Full Benefits Package that includes Medical, Dental and voluntary Vision insurance, paid Holiday’s and sick time off, voluntary Short-Term Disability and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match. Supervisor towards Clinical Licensure.
The Family Support Specialist will function as a team member in coordinating services for children under the care and supervision of JAFCO’s family preservation, foster care, adoption, emergency shelter and group home programs. The Family Support Specialist will serve as the child and family’s advocate in attempting to provide and facilitate the best possible care and treatment available.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Psychology or master’s degree preferred and at least two years direct experience working with families and children
- Must possess a combination of mental health work experience or relevant education, and training which indicates the possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential job duties.
- Experience with community development practice, crisis, and trauma counseling, working knowledge of systems.
- Experience with mental health and illness, behavioral issues, anger management and drug and alcohol issues
- Experience managing response to crisis situations and experience working as part of case management support team
- Demonstrated ability in meeting-facilitation, oral presentations, and situations of conflict
- Ability to work within and assist others in navigating through complex systems; understanding of treatment programs, mental health terminology, including diagnostic categories; knowledge of privacy guidelines and ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Ability to work in diverse community with children of varied ages and backgrounds presenting a range of difficulties and personal issues
- Flexibility of working hours will be required to meet the child and family’s needs which include evening (2-3 per week) and weekend hours as needed
Please send your resume and salary requirements to:
[email protected] or visit our website at www.jafco.org