Program Associate – Truman Scholars Program
The Tikvah Fund has a full-time job opening for a Program Associate to support the work of the Truman Scholars Program, our two-year online enrichment program for over 165 exceptional Jewish middle school students. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, personable, and a team player. The Program Associate’s main responsibility is to the support the Program’s administrative needs. The Associate will work closely with and report to the Director of the Truman Scholars Program, Mendel Jacobson.
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with new and existing schools, respectively
- Help interview students
- Organize interview data
- Program Administration
- Communicate with students, teachers, parents about student attendance and performance
- Help schedule meetings
- Design and draft language for website and general emails
- Manage student written submissions
- Plan and help run in-person student events
- Draft monthly newsletter
- Build relationships with students and parents
- Help hire teachers for program
- Manage financial aspects of program including budgeting and paying vendors
- Perform routine data entry tasks
- Support curriculum development work via research and minor editing work
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
This is a full-time position, based in New York City, though remote candidates will be considered. The Associate will be expected to work in the office a few days each week. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience and skill. Excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays, and short Fridays.
The Tikvah Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive work environment, and we welcome a diverse pool of candidates for this search.
The Tikvah Fund is a significant educational center and think-tank committed to advancing Jewish civilization and supporting the intellectual, religious, and political leaders of the Jewish people and the Jewish State. Our animating mission and guiding spirit is to promote Jewish excellence and Jewish flourishing in the modern age. Tikvah is politically Zionist, economically free-market oriented, and culturally traditional. We welcome vigorous debate and serious arguments. Our institutes, programs, and publications seek to advance and develop the best new thinking about the Jewish future, always drawing upon the enduring wisdom of Jewish tradition and the hard-won lessons of Jewish history. And in our educational programs, we seek to bring Jewish thinking and Jewish leaders into conversation with Western political, moral, and economic thought in ways that serve the Jewish people and Jewish State.
Learn more about our community of ideas and people at www.tikvahfund.org.