Regular schedule Monday through Friday from 10am-6pm.
- Model and help build Makom Community culture around intentionality, listening, Hebrew language, and rich Jewish content
- Participate in regular goal setting and reflections
- Build strong relationships with students and families
- Lesson plan and teach daily in afterschool enrichment Monday through Friday–at Makom Community lesson planning is part of our paid prep time!
- Jewish Enrichment programming runs Monday through Friday from 3-6pm
- Database Management
- Use our database, CampMinder, for maintaining records of our families
- Manage CampMinder for enrollment and enrollment tracking
- Create Emergency Contact lists for camp days
- Update Master Spreadsheet with enrollment information
- Keep track of inventory for both lab school sites (Center City & South Philadelphia)
- Order Supplies & Food for both lab schools
- Support family and community-wide programming operations (ordering, etc.)
- Support general organization of our classrooms and storage
- Track and organize receipts to match to credit card statements
- Other duties as assigned-- this job can grow when you’re ready!
Makom Community transforms Jewish Education by creating and modeling experiential and intentional learning environments in collaboration with educators, children, and their families. Our pedagogy for Jewish Education celebrates curiosity and questioning of Jewish wisdom. Our roots in Jewish tradition are a springboard for children to be kind, confident, and resilient leaders today and in the future. We listen deeply to children’s voices as they build community where they love to be. Through our experiences together, Makom Community is committed to creating a more just world as an outgrowth of our Jewish learning. We are nurturing a Jewish community that is open to anyone who wants to engage with Jewish life alongside their family.
Quick Facts about Makom Community
- Daily, High-Quality Jewish Education as Afterschool Enrichment in two locations Monday through Friday 3pm-6pm
- Children Ages 4-10 in Center City and South Philadelphia (Pre-K through 4th grade)
- 5th-7th Grade Students in our BMitzvah Program in Center City
- Project-Based and Child-Led Learning
- School’s Out Camps During School Vacations, Snow Days, and Early Dismissals
- Growing Model of Family and adult learning and holiday services
As a full-time role, this position includes 10 days of PTO. 5 days must be used in July when our office is closed. (Full-time July through June roles come with 15 days of time off. We are adjusting this to 10 days since this is a November through June position.) 10 days are available during the school year, preferably not on School’s Out Camp Days. To use PTO, input your request into our Google form at least two weeks in advance, and we will approve by email. We are also closed for major Jewish holidays throughout the year and some federal holidays (see staff handbook for details). This is an on-site position. We also offer health insurance and retirement benefits.
Makom Community takes COVID safety very seriously. We will continue to exceed CDC’s recommendations for how we handle COVID safety with our on-site educators and students. We expect staff and students will be masked through at least summer and fall. Currently, our whole staff team is vaccinated and boosted. Our staff handbook and onboarding will get you up to speed on updated other safety measures at Makom Community.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Beverly Socher-Lerner, Founding Director [email protected] with “Program Assistant Application YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Makom Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or veteran status.