The George Washington University seeks an accomplished bridger of research and practice to make a significant contribution to growing research, academic, and community engagement initiatives in Jewish education. Housed within GW’s Graduate School of Education and Human Development, the Collaborative for Applied Studies in Jewish Education (CASJE), the Director of Partnerships and Learning will help advance CASJE’s mission through the design and implementation of professional learning opportunities that allow researchers and leaders in Jewish education to better use research-based knowledge to improve practice and policy.
This highly visible and experienced position manages outreach, operational, and administrative functions for their portfolio, in addition to serving as a key advisor. This position oversees project completion in accordance with the workplan, including the financial management of project funds for established objectives. This position manages administrative duties operationally, in addition to providing strategic input and will have significant influence regarding policies, practices and procedures within CASJE and in other departments. This role, in partnership with the Managing Director, works with foundations and community-based organizations to expand sponsored activities, and assists the Managing Director with assessing and evaluating program objectives and execution to ensure a sound basis for long-term program acquisition and processes. This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely completion of materials relevant to the objectives of programs in their portfolio.
Additional specific duties include:
- Direct an elite fellowship program in applied studies in Jewish education. Includes, managing recruitment of fellows, faculty mentors, and community partner organizations; designing ongoing fellowship curriculum to be delivered in weekly virtual meetings and annual in-person workshop; brokering relationships between fellows and community partner organizations; providing ongoing support for fellow learning and research.
- Design and implement high quality, engaging, evidence-based learning opportunities for professionals in Jewish education and Jewish communal life addressing the development of research skills and the implementation and use of research in practice. This may include professional learning communities, action research networks, data boot camps, workshops, etc.
- Develop accessible, high quality research digests for Jewish educators that share relevant new research with an eye toward implications for practice and policy.
- Raise CASJE’s visibility, sharing findings from CASJE research and other relevant studies through conference presentations, public writing and other modalities.
- Develop ongoing relationships with Jewish educational leaders to better understand needs across a wide-sector of the field as relates to research-based knowledge.
- Remain current on emerging research with relevance to Jewish education.
- Be a thought partner in CASJE’s ongoing work.
- Potential opportunity to teaching in GSEHD’s academic programs.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Deep knowledge of contemporary Jewish education and American Jewish life/institutional landscape.
- Experience conducting high quality applied research.
- Experience mentoring emerging researchers.
- Experience managing complex, multifaceted projects.
- Appreciation for the wisdom of practice and the wisdom of research.
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
- Experience working with grant funded projects.
- A demonstrated capacity for making research accessible to non-specialist audiences.
- Superb facilitation skills.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Earned PhD/EdD.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
Location: Off-campus (remote) with the exception of campus-based meetings/events or business needs
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply visit the GW job portal - https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/97389. You must apply via the GW job portal. Applications received via email will not be considered.