Passion. Purpose. Impact. Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP) is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. CJP, one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations, has an exciting opportunity for a new Senior Executive Support Specialist to the CEO.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Senior Executive Support Specialist (SESS) is a critical partner for the CEO, serving as a face of the Office of the President and primary point of contact with all stakeholders, helping to ensure that the CEO is as effective a leader as possible. The SESS effectively manages the CEO’s heavy calendar, responds in a timely manner to key stakeholders and regularly handles a high volume of requests and assignments. The SESS has regular interactions with Executive Team (ET), the Board of Directors, staff, outside agencies, volunteer leadership and major donors. The SESS will also coordinate with the Executive Support & Operations Manager on matters relating to the operating needs of the ET.
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and is a proactive advocate for the CEO and the organization.
- Top notch administrative professional possessing strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills; able to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, all handled with tact, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
- Unflappable with an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm.
- Exhibits strong initiative, self-direction and judgement (under pressure at times) and able to achieve results with and through others.
- Successfully influences and persuades others by understanding their individual needs and motivations.
- Thrives in a work environment that is fast-paced and results-oriented; has a sense of urgency toward goal achievement and commitment to working to meet demands.
- Adept at handling a variety of tasks in a dynamic and changing environment, able to pivot as the work priorities shift and change.
DETAILS ABOUT THE POSTION:
- Provides professional administrative support to the CEO including heavy calendar management, extensive material development and follow-up for internal and external meetings.
- Provides email management support, including processing emails and flagging priority emails that need to be acted upon; drafting email responses that CEO can edit and send; reviewing and extracting valuable information communicated in emails; and identifying opportunities to produce new interactions based on context gathered through email review.
- Ensures CEO is thoroughly briefed and prepared for all meetings, events, etc., proactively “quarterbacking” and staying ahead of the CEO’s calendar. Collaborates with colleagues within and outside of CJP in order to provide relevant and timely information to the CEO.
- Collaborates with the Executive Support & Operations Manager on matters that relate to ET operations.
- Assists in creating meaningful interactions with key relationships internally and externally.
- Helps to ensure that schedule and activities are aligned with priorities.
- Manages all travel for the CEO, including thinking through and planning for anticipated needs.
- Works daily to schedule donor meetings, enter key moves into the database, and communicate directly with Development officers.
- Proactively manages pending donor communications, meeting debriefs, and follow-up steps for donors assigned to CEO, in conjunction with Development staff.
- Coordinates events, manages various projects and proposals, and performs other tasks as needed.
- Provides administrative and operational support for discreet initiatives within CJP.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
DETAILS ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Education: B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years of professional administrative support with a minimum of 3 years supporting C-level executives or equivalent experience in a similar role
- 3+ years’ experience writing internal or external communications
- Experience in an institution with significant philanthropy is highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, project management, time management skills and attention to detail with the flexibility to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment and with short turnaround time
- Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high level executives
- Ability to work flexibly beyond standard working hours
- Manages and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated strong customer service sensibilities, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience – specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional interpersonal and communication (written, listening and oral) skills and demeanor
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused, entrepreneurial environment
- Appreciation for mission-driven, nonprofit work. Familiarity non-profit organizations preferred
- Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence
- Ability to work on independent projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to respond resourcefully under varying conditions, including maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through
- Proactive and creative problem-solving approach
WHAT CJP OFFERS:
Budgeted Salary Range: $83,000 - $103,000, depending upon experience.
CJP offers the rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by using this link: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ApplyToJob=486940982
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.